My computer is shutting down weirdly

Hi All,
From last 2-3 days I'm facing a problem with my desktop.
I have installed WinXP and Linux on my machine. After starting the machine, if I start using Linux, it works fine. But if I go to WinXP, I open any .exe or any .pdf file or any setup or something. My machine shuts down. Means it doesn't displays any message and else but CPU fan stops rotating, monitor turns off. I have to switch off the power supply, again connect it and then only I can reboot the machine, otherwise it doesn't boots up even.😡

Can anyone please help me????

Replies

• sanky
    sanky
    :idea:
    LISTEN DUDE !! JUST INSERT THE WINDOWS XP CD AND REBOOT UR COMP AND REPAIR THE PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED VERSION OF XP ON YOUR PC AND CHECK IF IT WORKS!!!!👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanky - go easy on letters please. ALL CAPS does not solve any purpose.
  • sri
    sri
    dnt run two os on one system yar... tats y shuting down....
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Ok, I will first try repairing my OS.
    If still the problem continues, I will uninstall.
    I will update if any solutions is working. Till then other suggestions are welcome.
  • mahul
    mahul
    There might be a problem with your SMPS. Drawing too much power might be creating an issue. Still since linux works fine, it's a bit disturbing. Reinstall your OS and do keep us posted.
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Yesterday, first I repaired my XP OS.
    Then, I chaged slot of RAM. Till now, system is working fine.
    Thanks to All.
  • prabhat kumar
    prabhat kumar
    first u unistalled linux then repaired xp?
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Yes, XP was installed prior to linux.
  • zaid_chauhan
    zaid_chauhan
    Just Format C Drive and install Xp and all other again
    Problem will be solved

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, 🎉20,000 🎉 🎉Crazy Engineers🎉 ​ Today, we welcome our 20,000[sup]th[/sup] CEan - neech. In our mission of uniting engineers from all over the world, we've joined hands with 20,000...
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/4582-20-000-crazy-engineers-all-over-world.html In this thread 😁
hi i am new to this forum.... I am currently taking software engineering and doing java I have a project to do on Airlines reservation management system using java and...
hey guys... i'm lookin out 4 some latest project topics for my final year ENGINEERING in the field of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.. can u pls suggest Regards LUTHER
can anyone giv😒e me d idea abt unmanned ariel vehicle? i wnna do a prjct bsd upn dt...........😒