Multiple brushless motor control

Hello,

what would be the best way to control 4 sensored BLDC motors at the same time? Using 12 PWM channels for 12 phases, as well as 12 pins for Hall sensors is too much. I thought of using 3 4/1 multiplexers for hall sensors, and a single PWM for each motor via AND gates. What do you think?

Thanks

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE!
    marinb
    Hello,

what would be the best way to control 4 sensored BLDC motors at the same time? Using 12 PWM channels for 12 phases, as well as 12 pins for Hall sensors is too much. I thought of using 3 4/1 multiplexers for hall sensors, and a single PWM for each motor via AND gates. What do you think?

Thanks
    Yes, in both way you can control BLDC motor and use of Multiplexer surely reduce your used IO Pins. 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am trying to make electric battery powered car. I must know what should be the max. speed it can attend for designing required gears and other parts. I know...
Hi am an ECE final year student and i am doing a project on Autonomous Parallel Car Parking and am using an RC car for this purpose. I wanted the...
Wishing Many Happy Returns Of The Day To BCA_GIRL 😁 May your dreams come true! :myparty:🎉:myparty:
A national conference on recent developments in civil engineering (RDCE-2011) will be organized by the department of Civil Engineering, MIT Manipal from January 13 to 15 2011. The themes of...
As a part of the Golden Jubilee Celebrations, the Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal is organizing a three day National Conference on “Advances in...