MS-Office Error: Not Enough Memory or Disk Space to Run Word

i have following error while open ms office application. help me please....

There is no not enough memory or disk space to run word.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    I think you dont have enough space in your hard drive.

Do you have free space in your hard drive where you installed ms office?

Do you encounter the same error when you try to open excel or ppt files?

Did you try to open it from the application in the start menu or by double clicking the file?
  • krishbcs
    krishbcs
    i have 11GB free memory space in my C: drive(ms office2007 installed in c drive).
    Yes, that same error, while i opened ms ppt, ms excel files.
    Yes, i opened ms applications in start menu.

or tell me where will i download free ms office2007?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Assuming that you encounter that disk space error when you try to open any saved word,excel or powerpoint file.

Did you try to reinstall it again?

why do you want to use 2007 version when there is newer version(2010) available?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You have to rename the global template normal.dot to resolve this issue.

Note: Renaming the Normal.dot template resets several options back to their default settings, including custom styles, custom toolbars, macros, and AutoText entries. Therefore, Microsoft strongly recommends that you rename the Normal.dot template instead of deleting it.

Certain installations may yield more than one legitimate Normal.dot file. These situations include multiple versions of Microsoft Word that are running on the same computer or several workstation installations on the same computer. In these situations, pay special attention so that you rename the correct copy of Normal.dot.

The default location for the global template (Normal.dot) is the following, depending on your operating system.

For Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me):
    C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
    For Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium Edition (Me) with profiles turned on:
    C:\Windows\Profiles\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Template
    For Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
    Hope this helps! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google set benchmark for other email service providers by including Gtalk chat feature in Gmail several years ago. It took long time for other popular service providers like Yahoo to...
A king wants his daughter to marry the smartest of 3 extremely intelligent young princes, and so the king's wise men devised an intelligence test. The princes are gathered into...
One day three Greek philosophers settled under the shade of an olive tree, opened a bottle of Retsina, and began a lengthy discussion of the Fundamental Ontological Question: Why does...
A team formed by scientists from all around the world demonstrated the 186 Gbps internet speed over standard commercial fiber optic cable. It means, we are going to get an...
NASA is trying to get harpooons in to space. Not for landing but for some other purpose. Guess what it is... else read this 👍 NASA To Launch Harpoons For...