Motion Capture _MEL Plug in

Hi guys ,

I am looking for some help regarding MEL programming articles for Plug in development.

Thank You 😀

Replies

• Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    No one ????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Slay3r_17
    No one ????
    No one can read minds and figure out what help you need.
  • Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    Oh my !! Did I ask you to read my mind ?? or Did I start with a proper conversation starter ?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I guess you can kickstart with this book:
    [​IMG]
    MEL Scripting for Maya Animators is the first comprehensive textbook on Maya expressions and the MEL scripting language written especially for the beginning animator or technical director.

The power of MEL for customizing Maya and automating time-consuming tasks has attracted almost all of the top animation and visual effects studios to Maya as their core tool in producing 3D animation. Now, you can learn to master that power even if you have little or no programming experience!

MEL Scripting for Maya Animators begins with an introduction to how Maya functions "under the hood," and proceeds through a series of examples to walk through the capabilities of Maya's expressions and MEL scripting. Next, the book provides an in-depth discussion of the MEL language and how to automate common tasks, and then shows how to build useful graphic user interfaces for your scripts.

Throughout the book's discussion of MEL, MEL Scripting for Maya Animators discusses the strategies that those new to programming must learn to think about programming problems in such a way that solving them becomes easy. At the same time, the book provides many useful tips and approaches that will be of interest even to those who already have programmed in MEL.

Finally, MEL Scripting for Maya Animators presents a wide range of specific examples of how MEL and expressions can be used in controlling dynamics, rigging characters, and even building a simple system for crowd behavior.
  • Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    Actually I was looking for some visual tutorials. I already have started reading this book. Its very good . and I am liking it. Thanks any way.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Slay3r_17
    Actually I was looking for some visual tutorials. I already have started reading this book. Its very good . and I am liking it. Thanks any way.
    Sure... Will get you the links for Video Tutorials soon, if I come across any... 😀
  • Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    Cheers mate !! 😁. and Happy new year !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This video tells the story of how Mozilla helped shape the web we know today -- and how we're going beyond Firefox to do even more. Awesome video! Must watch...
Everyone knows that the traditional media like Television, Magazines & Newspapers are no longer independent. The traditional media is controlled by the rulers and the corporations that buy advertisements on...
Chinese Meizu has revealed the MX phone and confirmed the launch on January 1, 2012. The approximate cost of the phone would be $470. The specs include 4" 960 x...
hi all
Company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Website www.tcs.com Eligibility BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc / MCA Experience Freshers Location Across India Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Job Role:...