CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Bhudda • 02 Aug, 2011
Hi, newbie here;

Can anybody point me in the direction of a good tutorial on moment distribution method in a sway frame.

It's the one part of structural analysis I just cannot get my head round. 😔

Thanks in advance
@somayajulu • 12 Aug, 2011 generally there are two types of sway frames. 1 pure sway frame 2 general sway frame
in pure sway frames the swaying is due to the directly applied horizontal loads for eg wind loads etc.
in general sway frames the swaying is due toat the unsymmetry of end conditions or loads or moment of inertia
for the analysis of sway frames by md method,first find the moments at joints as if it were not a sway frame.then using these moments find the horizontal reactions at each end.we find that the horizontal reactions are not equal.therefore there is a sway.due to this sway extra moments are created in addition to the existing moments.
3.4k views

Related Posts

@Chaitanya Kukde · Mar 17, 2014

Transcend has announced the launch of 16GB and 32GB DDR3 Registered DIMM (RDIMM) modules. These modules are aimed at boosting the memory in Apple Mac Pro 2013 workstation. The Apple...
4.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 3, 2015

"What are your strengths and weaknesses?" OR "Could you tell me what are your top 5 strengths and weaknesses?" - every interviewer loves to ask that question; especially in the...
17.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 3, 2014

Reliance Jio is getting their website ready and the hawk eyed folks at the blog Telecom Talk got access to the test site. The information they saw about the broadband...
15.5k views

@Ashish Bardhan · Jan 6, 2013

Axtria comes for selecting students in campus for almost all engineering branches. Every single round mentioned below was an Elimination Round. Rounds- 1. Written Round : It was for an...
8.4k views

@ashie · Sep 1, 2012

I had completed my engg in electrical and electronics....i want sme courses or training to enhance my knowledge and for job prospects also.... any guidance or advice will be appreciated...😔
78.6k views