Moment Distribution Method - sway frame

Hi, newbie here;

Can anybody point me in the direction of a good tutorial on moment distribution method in a sway frame.

It's the one part of structural analysis I just cannot get my head round. 😔

Thanks in advance

Replies

• somayajulu
    somayajulu
    generally there are two types of sway frames. 1 pure sway frame 2 general sway frame
    in pure sway frames the swaying is due to the directly applied horizontal loads for eg wind loads etc.
    in general sway frames the swaying is due toat the unsymmetry of end conditions or loads or moment of inertia
    for the analysis of sway frames by md method,first find the moments at joints as if it were not a sway frame.then using these moments find the horizontal reactions at each end.we find that the horizontal reactions are not equal.therefore there is a sway.due to this sway extra moments are created in addition to the existing moments.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ...i am a final year ec student. I am in a dielama in selecting project topic...plz can u help me.
I have a watch-like blood pressure monitoring device. This device measures BP and then trasmits it as a bluetooth signal. I am looking to find a cheap/painless way to take...
Beyond smart phones: Sensor network to make 'smart cities' envisioned
Tata Pixel -Zero Turn Drive [video=youtube;Pk_S7t31VDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_S7t31VDY[/video]
Share the HCL Technologies campus recruitment process & placement paper questions in this thread. If you have appeared for their interview, please share your experience here.