CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Bhudda • 02 Aug, 2011
Hi, newbie here;

Can anybody point me in the direction of a good tutorial on moment distribution method in a sway frame.

It's the one part of structural analysis I just cannot get my head round. 😔

Thanks in advance
@somayajulu • 12 Aug, 2011 generally there are two types of sway frames. 1 pure sway frame 2 general sway frame
in pure sway frames the swaying is due to the directly applied horizontal loads for eg wind loads etc.
in general sway frames the swaying is due toat the unsymmetry of end conditions or loads or moment of inertia
for the analysis of sway frames by md method,first find the moments at joints as if it were not a sway frame.then using these moments find the horizontal reactions at each end.we find that the horizontal reactions are not equal.therefore there is a sway.due to this sway extra moments are created in addition to the existing moments.
4.8k views

Related Posts

@Chirayu Samarth · Mar 28, 2015

After launching a series of phones, Asus is back to what it does best. One of the largest PC vendor in the world Asus launched the Asus Transformer Book T300...
4.5k views

@jav · Jan 21, 2009

LET YOUR HEART BE IN PEACE Hi, Sir, i wanna method for increasing the pressure of the steam, can you guide me in what all ways can i do that,...
5.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 7, 2014

Flipkart has announced the launch of Flipkart First - a premium customer subscription service that treats the users as VIPs. While there is no information available about the subscription charges,...
7.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 30, 2014

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is planning for its second Mars mission, Mars-2 in 2018. This new mission is likely to aim at putting a rover on the distant red...
9.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 15, 2008

Here's an easier one for you - What is the size of the largest regular hexagon that can be constructed inside a square with side-length 's'? Crack it fast, please.
11.5k views