CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Bhudda • 02 Aug, 2011
Hi, newbie here;

Can anybody point me in the direction of a good tutorial on moment distribution method in a sway frame.

It's the one part of structural analysis I just cannot get my head round. 😔

Thanks in advance
@somayajulu • 12 Aug, 2011 generally there are two types of sway frames. 1 pure sway frame 2 general sway frame
in pure sway frames the swaying is due to the directly applied horizontal loads for eg wind loads etc.
in general sway frames the swaying is due toat the unsymmetry of end conditions or loads or moment of inertia
for the analysis of sway frames by md method,first find the moments at joints as if it were not a sway frame.then using these moments find the horizontal reactions at each end.we find that the horizontal reactions are not equal.therefore there is a sway.due to this sway extra moments are created in addition to the existing moments.
1.6k views

Related Posts

@elektrolikit · Jul 16, 2009

hi, This is my DTMF decoding code for 7 number random dtmf signal. What is Dtmf? Dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) signaling is used for telecommunication signaling over analog telephone lines in...
3.6k views

@sarveshgupta · Nov 22, 2009

Can anybody suggest some questions that can be asked in internal or external viva in the VHDL practical We have used Xlinx and Model Sim in our labs to simulate...
1.9k views

@dhruba sunuwar · Jul 3, 2014

i have decided to make a project that uses GPS. but i don't know much about GPS, but i do know basics of c, c++ languages, so am just a...
1.8k views

@harshitha · Nov 26, 2008

hi , anybody who reads this please tell me wher can i find jsdk2.0 servlet runner for download bcos my exams r nearing n i ve to practice my java...
1.4k views

@krish_cal · Jan 24, 2009

Hi, am a 2nd yr student of civil engineering branch in NIT dgp. is it possible to do a summer training in the railways? can anyone please tell me how...
4.4k views