Modulation Problem Solutions

2 Assume that the binary bit stream {1000110110} is to be modulated using BPSK with a data rate of 1 Mbps.
a.What is the first-zero crossing BW of the RF spectrum if simple rectangular pulses are used?

b.What is the absolute BW of the RF spectrum if raised cosine roll-off pulses are used with α = 1/3?

c.Does the absolute BW in part (b) capture all the energy of the signal?

d.If the receiver experiences 1 μs timing jitter, will the adjacent symbols cause ISI when raised cosine roll-off pulses are used?

3 An 18,000-feet twisted-pair telephone line has a usable BW of 750 KHz. Data is modulated over this line using QPSK with simple rectangular pulses.
e.What is the maximum bit rate that can be supported over this line such that the first-zero crossing BW consumes the entire usable BW?

f.What will happen if the length of this telephone line is increased to 20,000 feet? (

g.What will happen if the 18,000-feet twisted-pair line is replaced with a coaxial cable of the same length?

Replies

• aloneman
    aloneman
    Re: answer these plz

2 Assume that the binary bit stream {1000110110} is to be modulated using BPSK with a data rate of 1 Mbps.
    a.What is the first-zero crossing BW of the RF spectrum if simple rectangular pulses are used? (3 pt)
    b.What is the absolute BW of the RF spectrum if raised cosine roll-off pulses are used with α = 1/3? (3 pt)
    c.Does the absolute BW in part (b) capture all the energy of the signal? (3 pt)
    d.If the receiver experiences 1 μs timing jitter, will the adjacent symbols cause ISI when raised cosine roll-off pulses are used? (3 pt)

3 An 18,000-feet twisted-pair telephone line has a usable BW of 750 KHz. Data is modulated over this line using QPSK with simple rectangular pulses.
    e.What is the maximum bit rate that can be supported over this line such that the first-zero crossing BW consumes the entire usable BW? (3 pt)
    f.What will happen if the length of this telephone line is increased to 20,000 feet? (3 pt)
    g.What will happen if the 18,000-feet twisted-pair line is replaced with a coaxial cable of the same length? (3 pt)
  • aloneman
    aloneman
    Some can Help to solve following. Thank you

1 Assume that the binary bit stream {1000110110} is to be modulated using BPSK with a data rate of 1 Mbps.
    a.What is the first-zero crossing BW of the RF spectrum if simple rectangular pulses are used?

b.What is the absolute BW of the RF spectrum if raised cosine roll-off pulses are used with α = 1/3?

c.Does the absolute BW in part (b) capture all the energy of the signal?

d.If the receiver experiences 1 μs timing jitter, will the adjacent symbols cause ISI when raised cosine roll-off pulses are used?

2 An 18,000-feet twisted-pair telephone line has a usable BW of 750 KHz. Data is modulated over this line using QPSK with simple rectangular pulses.
    e.What is the maximum bit rate that can be supported over this line such that the first-zero crossing BW consumes the entire usable BW?

f.What will happen if the length of this telephone line is increased to 20,000 feet?

g.What will happen if the 18,000-feet twisted-pair line is replaced with a coaxial cable of the same length?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shall I move this to electronics engineering section for better visibility?
  • aloneman
    aloneman
    yes sure, i need solution i have few hours 😔

The_Big_K
    Shall I move this to electronics engineering section for better visibility?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any one can suggest me a good research Topic for my PHD Proposal to the following Title: Information Security Policy and Strategy Regards
Hey CE, I was thinking of something to build over Christmas break that would be simple yet useful. Being the eldest male in the home most of the day, (In...
Prachi is an actress who has to travel abroad for her shoots, giving her the opportunity to extend her social circle to all parts of the world. In November, she...
hi all, can someone please tell me why electrolytic capacitors are never used in tuned filters and only ceramic capacitors are used?
I'm having trouble getting my MPLAB to establish a connection with my programmer. I have a MPLAB ICD module with a serial connection to COM1 on my pc. There is...