Modifying the database entries using vb

I have created a standard connection(oracle) and i have created a new recordset during the on load of the main form. The project is named as student information system and deals with the addition, modification,deletion of the data.
Here is the relevant code:
Dim con as new adodb.connection
Dim rs as new adodb.recordset
------------------------------
private sub add()
rs.addnew
call add
rs.update
msgbox"record added"
call clear
end sub
-----------------------------
can any help me by providing me the code to modify the data's
before modifying the data i need the information to be displayed in the screen and then it has to be updated. please help me

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    zia.sepsis
    can any help me by providing me the code to modify the data's
    before modifying the data i need the information to be displayed in the screen and then it has to be updated. please help me
    Hi zia.sepsis,

Firstly I am not clear about your question .If you are asking for displaying data, I guess you can use textboxes and datagrids for showing and then use rs.update for saving changes into the database right?Or Am I taking your question wrong?๐Ÿ˜•
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    shalini_goel14
    Hi zia.sepsis,

Firstly I am not clear about your question .If you are asking for displaying data, I guess you can use textboxes and datagrids for showing and then use rs.update for saving changes into the database right?Or Am I taking your question wrong?๐Ÿ˜•
    Can you give me the code for your view
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    zia.sepsis
    Can you give me the code for your view
    What is there in code for this? Just drag and drop the textboxes/ data grid to your form and bind it to your dataset. Thats it.

I don't have VB setup with me otherwise I could provide you with code. Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”

May be CEans safwan can help you out in this. He will be back here after 23rd Feb.Please have patience till then. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    shalini_goel14
    What is there in code for this? Just drag and drop the textboxes/ data grid to your form and bind it to your dataset. Thats it.

I don't have VB setup with me otherwise I could provide you with code. Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”

May be CEans safwan can help you out in this. He will be back here after 23rd Feb.Please have patience till then. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks mate.
  • safwan
    safwan
    hi zia till now my teacher in school did not teach me how to join oracle in school but i was able to make connection with your help before but working with data grides frankly i dont know it will be teach to me in next year means in 12 class. i am sorry

@ shallini ( i am beginior in vb). thanks
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    safwan
    hi zia till now my teacher in school did not teach me how to join oracle in school but i was able to make connection with your help before but working with data grides frankly i dont know it will be teach to me in next year means in 12 class. i am sorry

@ shallini ( i am beginior in vb). thanks
    Its ok mate
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    So buddy zia.sepsis, is your problem solved? Please share here,even i also want to know the answer.๐Ÿ˜”
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    CEMember
    So buddy zia.sepsis, is your problem solved? Please share here,even i also want to know the answer.๐Ÿ˜”
    i have done things in accordance to shalani's suggestions..... i have created a new form for the purpose of updation. i have written some codes , which will show you the required data, this process is done at the time of loading the updation form. this made updating,delete as a easy one.... i guess this may help you.....
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    shalini_goel14

Thanks shalini......๐Ÿ˜ your idea helped me a lot.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    zia.sepsis
    i have written some codes , which will show you the required data,
    Please share that part of code here zia.sepsis if possible. May be it can help us all. ๐Ÿ˜€

zia.sepsis
    Thanks shalini......๐Ÿ˜ your idea helped me a lot.
    Welcome zia !! ๐Ÿ˜. Happy to help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I have the following project: I need to build a robot with 2 microphones attached to it on either side. The robot is placed on a 4x4 meter grid....
CEans, Here's a great piece of advice to startup entrepreneurs: ( link-> ) Wisdom in hindsight: Team Up Scale Up What do you say?
Hello CEans, If you are organizing (or recently organized) any event in your college you'll be happy to read this announcement. We know organizing any event involves lot of work,...
Official Website: Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'09) The International Requirements Engineering Conference is sponsored by the IEEE and is the premier academic and industrial event in the field of Requirements Engineering....
Hiii all, In a Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum system, besides changing the types of modulator used, and adding more noises and fading to the channel, what else can we change...