Modifying the database entries using vb

zia.sepsis
@ziasepsis-0NGPzn โ€ข Oct 22, 2024

I have created a standard connection(oracle) and i have created a new recordset during the on load of the main form. The project is named as student information system and deals with the addition, modification,deletion of the data.
Here is the relevant code:

Dim con as new adodb.connection
Dim rs as new adodb.recordset
------------------------------
private sub add()
rs.addnew
call add
rs.update
msgbox"record added"
call clear
end sub
-----------------------------

can any help me by providing me the code to modify the data's
before modifying the data i need the information to be displayed in the screen and then it has to be updated. please help me

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • shalini_goel14

    @shalini-goel14-ASmC2J • Feb 20, 2009

    zia.sepsiscan any help me by providing me the code to modify the data's
    before modifying the data i need the information to be displayed in the screen and then it has to be updated. please help me

    Hi zia.sepsis,

    Firstly I am not clear about your question .If you are asking for displaying data, I guess you can use textboxes and datagrids for showing and then use rs.update for saving changes into the database right?Or Am I taking your question wrong?๐Ÿ˜•

  • zia.sepsis

    @ziasepsis-0NGPzn • Feb 20, 2009

    shalini_goel14Hi zia.sepsis,

    Firstly I am not clear about your question .If you are asking for displaying data, I guess you can use textboxes and datagrids for showing and then use rs.update for saving changes into the database right?Or Am I taking your question wrong?๐Ÿ˜•

    Can you give me the code for your view

  • shalini_goel14

    @shalini-goel14-ASmC2J • Feb 20, 2009

    zia.sepsisCan you give me the code for your view

    What is there in code for this? Just drag and drop the textboxes/ data grid to your form and bind it to your dataset. Thats it.

    I don't have VB setup with me otherwise I could provide you with code. Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”

    May be CEans safwan can help you out in this. He will be back here after 23rd Feb.Please have patience till then. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • zia.sepsis

    @ziasepsis-0NGPzn • Feb 20, 2009

    shalini_goel14What is there in code for this? Just drag and drop the textboxes/ data grid to your form and bind it to your dataset. Thats it.

    I don't have VB setup with me otherwise I could provide you with code. Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”

    May be CEans safwan can help you out in this. He will be back here after 23rd Feb.Please have patience till then. ๐Ÿ˜€

    Thanks mate.

  • safwan

    @safwan-NH7W5Y • Feb 26, 2009

    hi zia till now my teacher in school did not teach me how to join oracle in school but i was able to make connection with your help before but working with data grides frankly i dont know it will be teach to me in next year means in 12 class. i am sorry

    @ shallini ( i am beginior in vb). thanks

  • zia.sepsis

    @ziasepsis-0NGPzn • Feb 26, 2009

    safwanhi zia till now my teacher in school did not teach me how to join oracle in school but i was able to make connection with your help before but working with data grides frankly i dont know it will be teach to me in next year means in 12 class. i am sorry

    @ shallini ( i am beginior in vb). thanks

    Its ok mate

  • CEMember

    @cemember-PlqlWH • Feb 26, 2009

    So buddy zia.sepsis, is your problem solved? Please share here,even i also want to know the answer.๐Ÿ˜”

  • zia.sepsis

    @ziasepsis-0NGPzn • Feb 28, 2009

    CEMemberSo buddy zia.sepsis, is your problem solved? Please share here,even i also want to know the answer.๐Ÿ˜”

    i have done things in accordance to shalani's suggestions..... i have created a new form for the purpose of updation. i have written some codes , which will show you the required data, this process is done at the time of loading the updation form. this made updating,delete as a easy one.... i guess this may help you.....

  • zia.sepsis

    @ziasepsis-0NGPzn • Feb 28, 2009

    shalini_goel14What is there in code for this? Just drag and drop the textboxes/ data grid to your form and bind it to your dataset. Thats it.

    I don't have VB setup with me otherwise I could provide you with code. Sorry ๐Ÿ˜”

    May be CEans safwan can help you out in this. He will be back here after 23rd Feb.Please have patience till then. ๐Ÿ˜€

    Thanks shalini......๐Ÿ˜ your idea helped me a lot.

  • shalini_goel14

    @shalini-goel14-ASmC2J • Feb 28, 2009

    zia.sepsisi have written some codes , which will show you the required data,

    Please share that part of code here zia.sepsis if possible. May be it can help us all. ๐Ÿ˜€

    zia.sepsisThanks shalini......๐Ÿ˜ your idea helped me a lot.

    Welcome zia !! ๐Ÿ˜. Happy to help