Mobile Wallet Gripping the Market

Cell phones have created a revolution since there advent. We have replaced most of the accessories with a cell phone. The idea of replacing our wallet with cell phones has been flowing around for some time. The concept is named as the ‘mobile wallet’ using which we should be able to pay for everything using our cell phone. Interesting, isn’t it?

As online payment has sprung up to be very reliable and banks looking for newer opportunities for growth, everybody is turning to the cell phone sector for development.

#-Link-Snipped-#Mobile Wallet would be a mobile enabled application and payment service provider that enables its network of users to make convenient payments. It would be a means of using your mobile phone to make purchases via SMS as well as using the same e-money account to make purchases via the Internet.

Moreover eBay says it had to deal with $100,000 in checks from its mobile customers in roughly a day and a half after it launched its “mobile check cashing service”. This service allows you to add money to your PayPal account by just taking a cell phone photo of a physical check and using the PayPal mobile app.

PayPal is thinking of advancing this technology be allowing it’s consumers to pay for goods in a store by using a mobile PayPal app on their phone, which would require the vendor as well as the consumer to open a PayPal account.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I searched, I saw, but it conquered! The “India’s First” saga is going on and on this season! Here I would just love to talk about the India’s first 3.5GAndroid...
Well, here at CE we all are crazy about engineering but an engineer most often than not is extremely successful when he either becomes an entrepreneur by himself of aligns...
Indian IT Industry is growing at a faster pace than ever before. The campus recruitment is just weeks away, companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Satyam, TechM, Cognizant are rolling up...
LG has launched the Optimus One Mobile, powered by latest Android 2.2 aka Froyo. It's got awesome features like Voice Actions, Voice Search, Google Goggles, Shopper and Maps. Let us...
We engineers are the masters of the language of mathematics but when it comes to the language for interpersonal communication many of us are found wanting. Today's interconnected world allows...