Mobile Number Portability To Hit India On November 01, 2010 [Deadline]

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) Chairman, Dr J. S. Sarma, has confirmed that Mobile Number Portability (MNP) that allows mobile subscribers to retain their existing number while changing the operator is on schedule to be rolled out in the country on November 1, 2010 ๐Ÿ˜.

The confirmation comes after multiple postponing of the MNP implementation. I personally look forward to porting my phone number from Idea to Tata DOCOMO ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    You better not believe those TRAI guys. They have been giving dates for years now.The scheduled(much-delayed) date was July 30. They pushed it back to Sep.30. And now this.Still lets hope that this time it is for sure. It will be very benficial to all the subscribers who will just have to pay a migration fee of Rs. 50(i think!) and they will be allowed to retain their nos. while switching operators. But I think their will be a minimum stipulated time for which the new operator will demand that the customer should stay.Anyways great news for us.
    @big-K- you seem to be a big message freak(read DoCoMO)..๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @shreyasm: Well, not really. The only thing that dragged me to DOCOMO is that they've Buddy Net that allows 1paisa / 6 seconds, a big money saver. Plus I got special number too ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm also liking their GPRS plans!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We are happy to announce that we are now open to all the media partnership requests for your college events. If you are organizing techfests to sports meet to...
Official Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...en-media-partnership-your-college-events.html Discuss in this thread.
Hello Ceans, I have an idea that how if we can give a link of KYCean Interview link to the User's Profile.? _GodFather_
can someone suggest a good project title based on embedded systems? its my final year project. Want some real time application. thank You.
I need a simple java program using applets and threads. please send me as soon as possible. thank you!!