Miimo Is Honda's Foray Into Automatic Lawnmower

We've covered quite a bit of Honda on #-Link-Snipped-#. The auto giant is known for their contribution to robotics. The company has just forayed into the automatic lawnmower markets with Miimo. Miimo will ship in two versions, Miimo 300 and 500. The 500 version model is capable of mowing lawns half the size of a football ground!

Screen Shot 2012-08-21 at 10.58.45 AM

Miimo can climb the slopes of about 24 degrees and even cut thick grass. There's no word on pricing yet. I'm wondering whether engineering students would like to duplicate this lawnmower as their final year project. It'd be quite an interesting project if the robotic lawnmower is made to operate on Solar power.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Of course this would be quite an interesting project. but as usual the same problems are encountered : not enough time, and too much cost.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think this is not a new concept at all. Some countries other than US already have robotic lawn movers. Anyone here has heard of Roomba?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

come , lets all learn together..... isnt learing fun???😀
Recently the Internet saw big publications taking strict actions against the authors who plagiarized content (basically, copied from other sources and published it as their own). Fareed Zakaria and Jonah...
Want to roam around themepark and at the same time tweet about it to your followers? Well an Israeli theme park is now offering donkeys equipped with Wi-Fi so that...
hello everybody my name is mohamed fawzey im studying engineering im studying mechtronics and robotics engineering in assuit university in egypt the next year i'll