Microsoft launches social phone: Kin1 & Kin2

Microsoft has finally unveiled its project 'pink'; that says 'Its time to share'. The company has launched its new social phone called Kin. The phone comes in two versions, Kin1 and Kin2 with the later being advanced version of the family.

Kin is NOT a Windows7 based phone. Microsoft says they came up with idea of Kin while working on Window7 operating system for mobile devices.

The Kin family phones are social. That means they bring social networking at the core of its operations. The home screen also shows the RSS feeds from the social networking sites you are subscribed to. If you take a picture and not delete it, the KIN phone will sync it with the files on cloud.

Its very easy to access social networking sites from Kin. Kin2 is said to be able to shoot in 720p.

Microsoft has also built Kin studio to make it easier to access files, photos and videos on the web; without need to download them to view.

The phone is set to hit the markets in May 2010.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have short listed some topics for mini project in dsp,please tell me which among them would be a better topic 1.acoustic echo cancellation 2.speech coding with linear predictive coding...
i m a B tech in cse. actually i was unable to clear just one paper of my 3sem bcoz of that i hav to wait for 1 year coz...
Here in India the mentality among parents is that if their child doesn't get good marks in his/her board exams then they will not get admission in a good college...
Passwords can be a key to many things, for example your emails, your Facebook profile, or your bank account. Did you know that some people still use passwords like “password”...
In this computer-age who wouldn't be enthusiastic to use newer and newer free softwares specially the computer geeks out there who can't imagine a day w/o using some useful softwares..?...