Micromax Q75 Review

Dear friends!

I was out of the reach of internet for two days. Kindly forgive me because I couldn't give you the good news. I bought a phone at last!

I bought a Micromax Q75. A cool qwerty phone. I used it thoroughly for two long days to understand it the best. And we are still in speaking terms with each other!
So, let me give a small review about it!

Before switching on, it looks awesome and high priced, metal side finish looks great! Its a lot heavier, but for my muscular hands, it was just the right thing. I looked at its price tag, just Rs. 5290(Navi Mumbai). I had read a lot about it, the first impression created was awesome. So I thought why not take it home! I took it home. Put in my two sim cards into it and turned the thing on. The start-up sound was a bit louder than I expected(typical Chinese phone!) But the start up looked good, and the music used in it was standard, unlike other Chinese. The wallpaper and the standby theme looked good. The menu button, (home button on the left top) is very comfy. I like to hold on it! The phone gets locked in 15seconds, unlock by long pressing the shift key(left bottom) The trackball is butter smooth. The feel is just like using a touchscreen.
I took the camera option, hmm, looks bright and all, but its not worth to be called a 3.2, the clarity makes it look more like a 2MP camera. Its OK for me. Another thing, use the camera to find out that there is no zoom. I went into the settings, I found out that there are picture size settings. To have a zoom capability, you have to set tine image size to 640x480. The higher sizes are 800x600 and 1600x1200 and 2048x1536.
Then I saw there are two voice call buttons, one for sim1 and the other for sim2. COOL!

It can support 8GB micro sd memory card(I am yet to buy one!). It has a smart radio, quick search and play of it impressed me a lot. Then I put in some songs through the Bluetooth. It is fast. The best part I liked is that it is not transferred to inbox, it is directly saved into your memory. You can decide where you want to directly store the incoming files by changing the destination folder in Bluetooth settings. Then I thought of thought of testing the sound. I plugged in the headphones and played my all time favorite Chopsuey-System of a down(don't ask me why its my fav. I will post it afterwards). But it was squeaking. I understood the problem.I quickly went to the medical store, bought a pack of ear cleaning buds and cleaned my ears. Then I heard the song! Oh my God, it blasted my ears, buddy! It had some cool presetted equalizer settings and if you are not satisfied by that, it has manual settings too!

Then I started going crazy. I took the list of java apps. Five apps in all, Facebook, Nimbuzz, Opera Mini, Snaptu, Zenga mail V2. I opened the Opera mini.. Version 4.2, Actually I hate it a lot, its not as user friendly as the one I used, the ver. 5.(x). But once you find out a few things about it, like where is this and where is that, you start liking it too. The net speed is good,flowing, didn't look at the down speed, but it was fast for me. But what to say, the network was making me use the f word 1000 times. I called the mobile customer care and asked the problem, they said they had some kind of "fluctuations". Nimbuzz users, I have a bad news. Nimbuzz sucks a bit in this phone. Just to say a hi to your friends, you have to type a hi, then done, then again a done, then there comes a list of options from which you have to use the bottom most option to post it. But its easier to send SMS messages through the network. About SMS, This is the texter's dream, It has got a very, very fast message service. The moment you send the message, you get the delivery report. Its that fast. The other problem is that, you cannot run two java apps simultaneously(that's bad for multi-taskers like me), but you can still minimize them. I used to listen to music when I browse through. But this phone makes it impossible. Then the display. Its good, but when you receive the alerts, you see the China effect. The alerts look a bit boring and sometimes humiliating ๐Ÿ˜›. Don't look into the MMS templates, you will bang the phone to the ground. Its so Chinese and girlish that even girls won't like it.

I couldn't test the Wi-Fi . Then you can see you-tube or videos from any other site if you want. Its good. There are all the basic apps, games, calculator, Currency Converter, Stop watch, Text reader, Calender, Tasks, Alarm, World clock. The ring-tones are also a bit Indian, although there are only a few.

About the battery life, its true that we can get a 10days back up. That we get if we don't touch the phone at all and it gets no call. This is because it looks as if it is dead when it is in standby and its light goes off! The LCD is off, totally! If you are an average user, the battery will stay on for some five days. But for a user like me, it stays on only for one and a half days! And I think it has a nice amount of talk time, may be it does have 7hours talk-time, as claimed, but I didn't test it(I don't want to empty my pockets! ๐Ÿ˜› )

But to wrap up, I love the cute beast. It is the best phone in its segment. And its a lot special for me. It is the first thing priced above Rs. 5K that I bought from my own salary!(Hey, its something of emotional value)
For others, who don't have that money but still want a good phone, or if you want a touch screen, I would tell you to take the Micromax Qube, its priced at about 4Ks and its a good one. I would have taken that, but the problem was that I fear touch phones will get crushed in my hands(I am a texter ๐Ÿ˜).

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post moved to CE Reviews Section ๐Ÿ˜€

@Ajit: Awesome review! ๐Ÿ˜€ I look forward to many such reviews.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    AWESOMMEEE review !!!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    awesome review

Congrats buddy
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I have edited a bit and I have inputted a few more information into it, kindly read it again.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    May we ask for few photos of this phone? ๐Ÿ˜

PS: This thread is pulling lot of traffic already ๐Ÿ˜
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    [โ€‹IMG]You want it from the net, or do you want the fotos of my phone? I can give you the both, but the latter would take some time though... Here I post the phone's picture from the internet[โ€‹IMG].
    #-Link-Snipped-#[โ€‹IMG]
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Wow aj..you rock!Decent buy!
    & hey...don't credit your phone with the prompt reception of Delivery Reports...you can thank your n/w for that!๐Ÿ˜‰
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    shreyasm89
    don't credit your phone with the prompt reception of Delivery Reports...you can thank your n/w for that!๐Ÿ˜‰
    @shreyasm, no. I wont thank them! I still use the same sim card I was using!
    All I wanted to say is that the sending of messages doesn't take time. The time taken by my old phone to send the message and receive delivery report is equal to the time i require to send two saved message, and receive their delivery reports! Trust me,its that fast!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Hey, the Opera mini can't be updated! Oh My God! Any solution to this problem?
    I tested the wifi, it works like a dream...
    The vibrator has a problem, nothing can stop the vibrator from operating when a message comes if you have switched it on. In my previous mobile, if I see a message and I hit any button, the vibration used to stop instantly. But in this phone, the vibration doesn't. It stops only when it is done. You cannot copy-paste parts of your sms in this phone.
  • tivx
    tivx
    Hey aj thanks for the review! Im planning to get this phone soon. How has it been using this for half a year now?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi.. I wanted everybody's opinion on this.. I've heard about a 10 day course in PIC 16 microcontroller by EFY ( Electronics For You) tech centre in Bangalore, India certified...
Microsoft is introducing a new reality show called โ€œCareer Factorโ€ that needs a few outgoing, social media-savvy individuals who need help with their technology careers. Career Factor is a reality...
Astronaut Douglas Wheelock while in space about 220 miles above Earth, checked in on Foursquare on Friday. He has become the first person to use the location-based social network in...
The lifestyle software engineers have and their working conditions make me worry. Software engineers have long working hours, often streeful and also they stay motion-less for hours! ๐Ÿ˜ก One BASIC...
In the digital world, things are getting extinct at an unimaginable rate. I remember using a 3.5inch floppy disk to transfer data from a friend's computer to mine. That was...