Methods of increasing voltage

Hello folks first post on this site. Im currently at college doing a project for my HND (Higher National Diploma) and I have to make a solar paneled air conditioning unit. The main idea behind the project was so when in the event of a mains failure, the solar panel kicks in and continues running the air conditioning for a further two hours. Basically so you dont fry when you wait on the mains getting fixed ๐Ÿ˜€.

We were told to come up with three solutions of how this can be done, the only thing I could change would be how the voltage is increased from 12Vdc to 230Vac. The main solution I am using is an inverter, the second solution a step up transformer and...I can't think of a third solution. I know its probably pretty obvious once someone tells me but please help as its annoying trying to find something ๐Ÿ˜€

Many thanks.

Replies

• ashuashi
    ashuashi
    You need to invert the dc to ac and then step-up using a transformer.

The air conditioning unit you are talking about is a single phase unit or a three phase unit? If it is a three phase one then your system will be highly complex one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am in 8th sem & want to do higher studies.which one I must prefer-MTEC or MBA?
I received a very nice forward mail which I thought I should share with all. Lets see what and how much effects it leaves on everybody. If you like this...
I think,If the following things are added, It will be better.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€ In home page, 1. In sidebar or any place in homepage, sign in feature for crazyengineers.net mail shold be...
Hi friends, Can any one tell me, how I can take benefits of CE? Note: Do not advertise external sites without prior permission.
Hi all, This a game which deals with physics. Draw different shapes and grab all the black balls. Here is the link PerthWOW: Gravity master I am sure you will...