members online at night

Hi Big_k

I am observing from last few days that , we have got 3 to 5 members online at night but I don’t know why they are not posting anything, they just surfing on CE.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    At any moment of time, there are members online at night; because CE is accessed from all over the world. Why they don't post is a moot point.

We seriously need to improve the quality of discussions. We've seen lot of senior, experienced engineers leave CE because they couldn't get responses to their queries and some even told me that they aren't joining because the level of discussions is just too 'basic'.

There could be other reasons as well. We must focus on getting members from all countries very active here so that there's posting round the clock.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    you are right Biggie...!

We have to improve the quality of discussions...!
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yes people need to become more active....
    there is hardly any discussion building up in the technical discussions part...😔
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    The_Big_K
    We seriously need to improve the quality of discussions. We've seen lot of senior, experienced engineers leave CE because they couldn't get responses to their queries and some even told me that they aren't joining because the level of discussions is just too 'basic'.

There could be other reasons as well. We must focus on getting members from all countries very active here so that there's posting round the clock.
    bIGGIE i hope you remember ,earlier i had already informed to be aware of this huge cloud ahead!
    This was about to happen...my friends i being an senior member myself here had feel'd over time that maximum discussion threads are becoming useless...no actual case solving & technical query reply is happenng..i had tried & many others but its getting lowered.

Even i had raised 1 or 2 issues here...believe me you all can check in electronics section reply was only few

& biggie i would suggest you again to stop counting volumes...thats a major reason why valuable reply etc is getting limited...as we should look forward to useful postings rather than any casual reply ..bla bla...Use it immediately else many more will leave including me!!

Lets change our vision & be more strategic...dont worry i am always their for support...enjoy & look forward!😀😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Its easier said than done. The majority of traffic arrives here searching for project ideas & seminar topics. Its disheartening to see that the Computer Science section gets queries for computer troubleshooting; than some hardcore CS problems. Same applies to other sections as well!

The only way to improve this is through dedicated efforts by all our regular team members. We all need to bring in quality content - and quality content will pull in more quality members.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    thats what i mean to say......and who said you that Computer troubleshooting is not a effective query...as far i know its most common source of mass drive into any forum etc...but related to Electronics forum its not like that...their are lot of hardcore technical queries mostly into circuit level,logic related etc

& pls dont argue always ...its never easier said than done...you have to make it feel easier way to make it done always...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

part of this is copy and paste from another post in a diffrent thread so if it looks simalar it is. hemp you know there is actually another fuel souce...
Folks, I'm wondering if companies have started recruiting in colleges. The campus recruitments were frozen for almost a year because of the economic recession. Any update on the status of...
I've got this wall mounted air-conditioner remote control which takes one 6v 105mAh (2LR44 type) battery. Damned remote consumes the battery in about two months (sometimes less than 2 months)...
There we go and sit with Forbes, Harward Blogs, New Scientist et al. . Well, what do I say, just look here: Interviews and Publications about Stephen Wolfram: Some Verbatim...
Folks, Lot of our members have started receiving joining dates from the companies that hired them. I'm thinking it would be great to know fellow CEans who'll be joining the...