Medtronic Is Saving a Tasmanian Devil's Life

Quote:
A Tasmanian devil at the San Diego Zoo can get back to his devilish ways, thanks to a Medtronic pacemaker.
Nick, a 6-year-old Tasmanian devil, received the second pacemaker every implanted into a member of his species, on May 11. He was returned to his enclosure last week.
Zoo veterinarians had noticed that Nick was moving slowly and had been collapsing. A check of his heart revealed that it was pumping inefficiently and skipping beats. Veterinary cardiologist Joao Orvalho determined that Nick had a complete atrioventricular block, which was stopping conduction through the atrioventricular node.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Notebook featuring Windows 10 and 13.3-inch HD display supporting eDP will be available exclusively at Snapdeal e-commerce retail. The Foxconn manufactured device includes 2.6 GHz Intel Celeron processor based...
If a report from Bloomberg is to be believed, South Korean electronics and smartphone manufacturer Samsung is planning to launch smartphones with bendable or foldable displays by as soon as...
I need to create a postage stamp size trackpad in order to make a product I am working on, for my current proto type i have an (ergonomictouchpad Ergo Touchpad...
ZTE recently introduced its successor to the Blade A1 . ZTE (Zhongxing Telecommunication Equipment Corporation), which recently launched its flagship phone Axon 7, unveiled the Blade A2, which costs CNY...
hai...iam kavya.gv..i completed my btch in 2016...now iam getting coaching for GATE 2017 in ACE academy at hyderabad... I want to know is there any thing else better to me...