MEDIAS N-04C: World's Thinnest Smart Phone 7.7 mm Thick

[​IMG]NEC's MEDIAS N-04C is just 7.7mm thick, which makes it the thinnest smartphone in the world. The phone will be launched by Japan's biggest mobile carrier DoCoMo in next 2-3 weeks. The phone may hit the markets on 15 March 2011. The phone pushes #-Link-Snipped-# (8.49mm thick) to #2 in the category of thinnest 3G phones in the world. The phone weighs only 105 gm which makes it one of the lightweight smartphones in its category, considering the feature this phone offers.

MEDIAS N-04C Technical Specifications

* 4-inch LCD touchscreen with 480 x 854 resolution
* Gorilla Glass
* Android 2.2 (2.3 update in summer this year)
* 5.1MP CMOS camera
* i-mode compatibilty
* 1Seg digital TV tuner
* e-wallet function
* 3G/GSM roaming
* microSDHC card slot
* GPS
* Bluetooth Version 2.1+ EDR
* Wi-Fi
* HSUPA
* infrared communication

I'm not sure whether the world really needs razor thin phones. I personally find thin phones difficult to use and that comes from my experience of using Moto Razr V3 when it was launched. It would be interesting to see whether the thinness becomes MEDIAS' USP.

What's your opinion on thickness of phones?

Via: NECカシオ(N-04C Medias)4インチLCDで薄さ7.7mm!?(画像あり) | Draft life with blog [Japanese]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Thunderbolt is a brand new i/o technology jointly developed Apple & Intel that makes debut in latest MacBook Pro laptops. Thunderbolt promises 10 GB/sec transfer rates (dual-channel). It supports high-resolution...
Andhra Pradesh’s e-Seva is already very popular as the internet literacy rate of the state is quite high. E-Seva believes in looking at 'service' from the citizens' point of view....
The most abundantly used material in the industries is the steel. Because of amazing properties such as tensile strength, shear strength, resistance to corrosion steel took over iron in the...
If you feel too tired to drive after a long day at your office or if you are simply too lazy to put your hands on the steering wheel, then...
Here, comes Apple again, this time with the MacBook Pro 2011 lineup. The astounding notebook computers come with an array of technical specs which no other computer can match up...