Mechanichal Engineering Dissertation based on lean

Evening all,

Im new to the website, I found it through google so i thought id drop a few questions in the hope that some of you clever people will have some ideas / experience. I Am a 3rd year Mechanical engineering student currently on placement at Airbus / GKN uk in filton. I work in the Airbus lean production team within a manufacturing enviroment. I am currently working on some very exciting projects putting the site firmly on its way towards the lean journey!

I am looking to write a final year project on my experience,but am a little unsure if I can base a mechanical engineering project on anything i have been working on.

If any one has any experience, suggestions or ideas it would be great!

Thanks

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    I am looking to write a final year project on my experience,but am a little unsure if I can base a mechanical engineering project on anything i have been working on.
    Don't think about wheather you can or not. I would say go for it and give your best.
  • leanmeanmachine
    leanmeanmachine
    Yeah i would love to, but what exactly can i wirte about? whats mechanichal about Culture Change, moving away from MRP systems, level scheduling and behavioural changes through measurment for example? I do alot of data collection for analysis, nut this is normaly for capacity analysis and six sigma. I am strugling to relate the science part of my degree to what im doing. Thanks
  • Differential
    Differential
    Good questions. But YOU are the one who has answers to them. Seems you haven't written Project reports earlier. Well,.....its not that difficuilt also. Once you start writing I'm sure much of your questions will fly away. If you stuck across any question, we can discuss that here.
    Best. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm disappointed. I look at your response to our Small Talks with people associated with engineering who have changed the world. Not a single comment/appreciation/feedback on our Small Talk with...
Can atmospheric pressure can be greater than 760 mmHg at sea level or it is always less than 760 mmHg.
*water from tank on third floor of building flows down to tap on ground level from a pipe. *when a valve is in first floor to control the flow of...
One of my friend wanna share some his own thoughts living in mumbai.... Open Letter To India's Prime Minister ​Dear Mr. Prime minister, I am a typical mouse from Mumbai....
Hi, This question has been inside me for quite some time. What decides the rate of exchange of foreign currencies in a country? One Dollar is about 50 Indian rupees....