CrazyEngineers
  • Evening all,

Im new to the website, I found it through google so i thought id drop a few questions in the hope that some of you clever people will have some ideas / experience. I Am a 3rd year Mechanical engineering student currently on placement at Airbus / GKN uk in filton. I work in the Airbus lean production team within a manufacturing enviroment. I am currently working on some very exciting projects putting the site firmly on its way towards the lean journey!

I am looking to write a final year project on my experience,but am a little unsure if I can base a mechanical engineering project on anything i have been working on.

If any one has any experience, suggestions or ideas it would be great!

Thanks
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Differential

MemberDec 1, 2008

I am looking to write a final year project on my experience,but am a little unsure if I can base a mechanical engineering project on anything i have been working on.
    Don't think about wheather you can or not. I would say go for it and give your best.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • leanmeanmachine

MemberDec 3, 2008

Yeah i would love to, but what exactly can i wirte about? whats mechanichal about Culture Change, moving away from MRP systems, level scheduling and behavioural changes through measurment for example? I do alot of data collection for analysis, nut this is normaly for capacity analysis and six sigma. I am strugling to relate the science part of my degree to what im doing. Thanks
    Cancel
  • Differential

MemberDec 3, 2008

Good questions. But YOU are the one who has answers to them. Seems you haven't written Project reports earlier. Well,.....its not that difficuilt also. Once you start writing I'm sure much of your questions will fly away. If you stuck across any question, we can discuss that here.
    Best. 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register