Max size of a file in Windows

can any one tell that, to what extent a file can store in the windows?(i.e.what is the max capacity of a file to store the data)

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I have never known such limitations and I have used Video files upto 12 GB and never seen such an error

But I think the maximum size of a file will be the available memory in your system no specific limit is there in that
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I might be wrong, but the max file size would be determined by the type of formatting on your HDD. If you're using NTFS under Windows 8, the maximum file size you can have on your computer would be 256TB! Under Windows 7, I think it's 16TB. But as I said, that's just from the information I collected from various sources. Let's wait for more authentic answer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In what way it stores the data in hard disks?
CEans, You're aware that CrazyEngineers is sailing through troubled waters at the moment and that has made us rethink everything we've been doing for the last few weeks. Regular readers...
So I'm considering downloading Windows 8, I however want to know what's the total size of the download. From the initial steps I took, it seems that Windows first downloads...
When I go to Windows 8 download shop and initiate a download, I get an exe file which I can't run on OSX. I've been browsing through their website trying...
Want to book iPhone 5, 16GB Black model from Airtel? The good news is that India's largest telecom operator is accepting preorders for the latest from Apple. The price of...