Many new courses from COURSERA

Coursera has annonced a whole bunch of new courses from Astronomy to Vision.

Coursera | Online Courses & Credentials From Top Educators. Join for Free

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just looked at the coursera website. I wasn't aware of the website but now looks like there are several interesting courses they have. The subjects range from Computer Science to Health and Medical Ethics. Definitely worth exploring more on the weekends. Yet to take up a course. Has anyone tried them yet?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Just looked at the coursera website. I wasn't aware of the website but now looks like there are several interesting courses they have. The subjects range from Computer Science to Health and Medical Ethics. Definitely worth exploring more on the weekends. Yet to take up a course. Has anyone tried them yet?
    The teachers have impeccable references. I am about to try out the basic astronomy course.
    An interesting development is that Coursera has launched a career service. I have mailed them asking if this is only for Cursereans or for all. Initially the service is for IT. Expected to be extended to other specialities.

More on this service here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

May be useful to CEans.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The website is good in its link to great universities But some areas of science are yet to be kick started I would say

The courses there are predominantly related to Economics and Computer field with a little ting of automation

Other branches have very few opportunities But extra talent development and course materials are out standing im my view

All the materials are from stal warts so real nice to listen to them irrespective of finishing the course
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    Are the courses in courseera free of cost?Any formalities to join it?have anyone tried any course?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I have tried they are free of cost and I have not encountered any fees requirements from their end till now have to finish a course I think to know more deeper into their infra.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    it is basically formed by a group of profs in various universities who thought there is a need to provide quality education for those who cant afford or access them..
    coursera courses are easy and understandable...
    on the other hand, i tried udacity courses and i couldnt finish it.. have to sweat it out i think...😖

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Dr. Cafazzo is a biomedical engineer who has spent his entire career in a hospital setting. By observing healthcare delivery from the inside, he works on ways to keep...
Well the title says it all. the working states of such a device, is that first when there is normal power supply, the lamp does not work, but the battery...
sand papers or emery sheets are available in various grades, designated by numbers. they start from 80 and go up to 1000. now what i want to know is what...
The $99 box that Apple calls 'Apple TV' is expected to come to India soon with a price tag of Rs. 6.5 - 8k. Now, we aren't talking about the...
Google's announced that they will no longer be offering the free version of their 'apps' service to the businesses. It's informed all its users that the free version will stop...