Manipulating .doc files using c++

Is there anyway to manipulate .doc files using c++ ? Need some help here... 😒

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's always better to write question in detail so that it's easier to offer help. So, are you simply trying to create, edit a .doc files using C++ code or you want to perform more complex options? If the .Doc file is text only, you could simply convert it into RTF or .txt and then manipulate it. Here's what Microsoft says about it on: Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

There are three basic ways you can use Automation: MFC, #import, and C/C++:
    C/C++ Automation is much more difficult, but sometimes necessary to avoid overhead with MFC, or problems with #import. Basically, you work with such APIs as CoCreateInstance(), and COM interfaces such as IDispatch and IUnknown.
    You may even refer to this post by Joel: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    I've seen the link before but i think it is only for Visual C++.
    I have to perform complex things..
    I use DEV C++ , does LibreOffice files support this kind of manipulation?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am brijendra singh rawat .i am persuing b.tech from himalayan institute of technology and management BKT, lucknow.
It seems to me that the Disruption Tolerant Technology aka DTN is the latest technology to follow in telecommunications engineering. The DTN promises interplanetary Internet in future. Recently an experiment...
It would be great if we see CEans reading and commenting on the latest tech news on VoiCE. Here we go - MS Office For iOS & Android – Is...
Hi, I am using Dell Laptop with Windows 7 64 bit installed, my battery was working perfectly fine when suddenly the battery icon in the taskbar started showing message "consider...
During a presentation, Microsoft's Chief Research Officer, Rick Rashid has showcased the company's breakthrough in speech recognition technology with a software that translates spoken English into spoken Chinese almost instantly!...