Magnification of power in the ic engines

I have an idea of using magnets in the engine parts by using their property 😎"like poles repel each other":sshhh😛lease comment on this😁

Replies

• Vega
    Vega
    Pls explain in detail
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    maybe he means that the piston contains a magnet, which can pushed and pulled by reversing-polarity electomagnet fitted somewhere in the vicinity.....but hey, only speculating.
  • lakhan
    lakhan
    you got it . what i mean to is that by using the the top of the cylinder and piston head with same poles .we can develop a repulsive force which will be helpful to produce some boost to the piston....
  • gohm
    gohm
    Is this engine purely powered by magnetic forces or is this to aid as hinted at by your title? Tell us some more about your idea. How will the electromagnet system by powered? How will the design cope for the high heat and pressure loads?
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    If i understand what your getting at it seems as though you wouldnt need a electro magnet at all. you could simply give the piston one polarity ( we will use + for the piston in this example) and give the head of the engine the opposite polarity. as the piston rises on its compression stroke and fires, the expanding gasses along with the opposing magnetic poles would push the piston down with greater force. only problem i see is that you would have to use and aluminum block so it cant steal a polarity from either the head or the piston, and you would have to use steel heads and pistons.

However since aluminum disperses heat at a much higher rate than steel i would imagine you would run into issues as the engine heated up. the aluminum would expand faster than the steel, making the pistons have slop between the piston walls and the walls of the cylinder. and the block expanding faster than the steel head would more than likely result in torn head gaskets if you used the standard cork or cardboard gasket material.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    the electrostatic forces will operate all the time. a constant polarity cannot be given, because it will hinder as much as it will help. also magnetic field produced by moving charges produce eddy currents.

a pure engine on this design....I don't really see the point [plz forgive me 😛] because if it is rotory motion we are looking for, we have induction motors...aye?
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    ahh i see what your sayin. i had a brain fart when i typed that up i guess. i was meaning to say the poston and head would need the same polarity in order to push away but then i can see what your saying about hingering due to it wanting to push the piston back down on the up stroke.
  • krish454happy
    krish454happy
    nick_cardoza
    If i understand what your getting at it seems as though you wouldnt need a electro magnet at all. you could simply give the piston one polarity ( we will use + for the piston in this example) and give the head of the engine the opposite polarity. as the piston rises on its compression stroke and fires, the expanding gasses along with the opposing magnetic poles would push the piston down with greater force. only problem i see is that you would have to use and aluminum block so it cant steal a polarity from either the head or the piston, and you would have to use steel heads and pistons.

However since aluminum disperses heat at a much higher rate than steel i would imagine you would run into issues as the engine heated up. the aluminum would expand faster than the steel, making the pistons have slop between the piston walls and the walls of the cylinder. and the block expanding faster than the steel head would more than likely result in torn head gaskets if you used the standard cork or cardboard gasket material.

guys basically magnets wont work once they get in contact with heat try out somthin else
  • krish454happy
    krish454happy
    dude i hope magnets wont work after getting in contact with high temperatuures
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    i understand that, however an electro magnet may depending on just how much heat you expose it to. obviously there must be a limit. but still a great idea.
  • lakhan
    lakhan
    Cant we design and run the engine with only the magnets without using the combustion engines. Really i am very happy to see so many facts from all of you, because i being in mechanical 2nd year dont know much but i learnt so ,much. thank u all.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    sure man, we can use induction motors 😛

I read somewhere that some of these can be 85 % efficient.
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    hahaha. if we could build a motor to run entirely off of magnetism, that would be a extremely large step into the world of perpetual motion. there is a reason a perpetual motion machine has yet to be built....
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    being that any perpetual motion machine delivering any useful work will always violate the law of conservation of energy & mass 😛
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    exactly why i say that would be a huge step. if it were possible and it was somehow achieved, the worlds energy crisis would be over. forever.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    however, it can not be done.......conservation of mass and energy is a principle which has never been violated.
  • kumar.chandan89
    kumar.chandan89
    magnet dont work at Queri temp. or above so we not improve power in ic engine with help of magnet.
  • kumar.chandan89
    kumar.chandan89
    for magnification of power of ic engine we do some modefication. like
    1.) using carbon fiber
    2.) using supercharger or turbocharger
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    nick_cardoza

when you say that the piston will be pushed down with greater electromagnetic force then dont you think that at the time of compression stroke we are experiencing some power loss due to the resistance offered by the electromagnetic force on the piston in the compression stroke..
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I already pointed that out, forgive me, and the guy already admitted the mistake. chill man😛

and hey, when did I compare induction motors to perpetual motion machines?
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    zaki_whiz03
    when you say that the piston will be pushed down with greater electromagnetic force then dont you think that at the time of compression stroke we are experiencing some power loss due to the resistance offered by the electromagnetic force on the piston in the compression stroke..
    keep reading down the post mate! ull see that i admitted to a brain fart at the moment in time that i typed that up....
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    Gurjap
    I already pointed that out, forgive me, and the guy already admitted the mistake. chill man😛

and hey, when did I compare induction motors to perpetual motion machines?
    and i think i initiated the whole perpetual motion topic. i have followed perpetual motion since i was a kid and i first heard about it. still to this day i have little ideas that i feel could somehow bring it to be... but then the laws of physics come back into play in my head and i get sad hahahaha. darn that Einstein guy and Newton guy for making those awesome laws that we cant break! hahaha

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am using a CPLD in my lab work(7 segment LED circuit).I have done with the VHDL programming but now I am having problem on how to connect the download...
me project . Load frequency control of two area power system using artificial neural networks can you give me any idea & material of above topic.can you guide me
How to select fullwave rectifier or halfwave rectifier in a single circuit using 4 diodes?
I want to know 1)Which is the most demanding (in India or abroad)among embedded,vlsi . 2)which subjects i should brush up with for these fields? 3)apart from these & communication...
can you give me any idea about electriacl project based on matlab/simulink,can you provide material on that topic