Magnetorquer control

Can anyone help me. Im designing a control system for a cubesat in single-axis. I have two torquers placed on the x & y axis of the cubesat. I want to implement a state-feedback controller on a dsPIC microcontroller to control the dipole moment of each torquer. I am using a magnetometer for angular position. The microcontroller must compute the required torque to turn the satellite to a desired reference angular position.

I realize the contral law will be T (Torque) = M( dipole moment) x B (earths magnetic field), where M = NIA. Therefore T = NIABsin(x) where x is the angle between M and B. How does the controller come up with the current to control the torquers dipole moment.

The control law will be something like T = MxBy -MyBx where Mx is the dipole moment of the x-axis torquer and Bx is the x-component of the earths magnetic field.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, All my fellow Ceans, I am ROHAN here.๐Ÿ˜ Guys I am a MECHANICAL ENGINEER, and a relatively new member to this forum. I hadnt introduced myself earlier, sorry for...
hi all, Can anyone give any institutes which offer distance education in Cryptography? PS: i googled but all the links are blocked in my organization and moreover my home internet...
a lot of practical knoledge bout automobiles,, so sum1 there to help me
It's certainly not unheard of for Nokia to take existing models in its lineup, tweak 'em with slightly improved hardware and software, and re-release them -- see the N85 /...
Hi, Anyone has an example of how to use double integration method to obtain deflection diagram of continuous beams? I am interested in beams with varying stiffness (i.e. varying I)....