Nokia prepping updated 5800 XpressMusic with capacitive screen?

Nokia to replace 5800 handset with capacitive touch panel version, say component suppliersIt's certainly not unheard of for Nokia to take existing models in its lineup, tweak 'em with slightly improved hardware and software, and re-release them -- see the #-Link-Snipped-# / #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# / #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# / #-Link-Snipped-#, and so on -- so we can totally buy that the company's hard at work at updating its #-Link-Snipped-# for a future revision. DigiTimes (which admittedly doesn't have a pristine record for nailing these sorts of rumors) cites "sources" with Taiwanese component suppliers as saying that Nokia wants to replace the 5800's resistive touchscreen with a capacitive one -- the S60-based Samsung #-Link-Snipped-# does that, by the by -- in an effort to better compete with its rivals. That would certainly make the device more usable and responsive, but in all likelihood, this isn't a simple matter of swapping out a component (how would you use that totally awesome plectrum, after all?) so we'd expect this to be more of an indication that Espoo's looking to move to capacitive going forward, particularly as it transitions over to the #-Link-Snipped-# builds.Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:16:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

Nokia to replace 5800 handset with capacitive touch panel version, say component suppliers | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• james347
    james347
    yes this news is correct... Nokia is going to replace its first touchscreen phone's screen to capacitive one...

They (Nokia) have also ordered around 2 million screens..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Anyone has an example of how to use double integration method to obtain deflection diagram of continuous beams? I am interested in beams with varying stiffness (i.e. varying I)....
its also arsenal vs chelsea tonite. i'm a gunner. i'll root for arsenal.
Continued from: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-labs/18111-ce-messenger.html Hey people, its about time to start making pieces and join them. So we'll start with HOWTOs for making pieces. For a development environment, first of all...
Hi all, I have a requirement in a web application developed using Struts2.I have to generate PDF/RTF reports using XML and XSLFO. I have generated PDF but in RTF its...
I am a PHP Developer , i want to integrate the Ebay site to another site ie login , product display , product purchase ,checkout completion and so on ,...