M.Tech in New IITs or old NITs - Which is better?

I am having 2700 rank in GATE-2013 in Mechanical stream.
So, I want to know what should i opt a new IIT or an old NIT.
If any lower rank student got both new IITs or old NITs ,so what should he choose.

Replies

• safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    I think new IITs you have to choose for your bright future.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    safiajen0055
    I think new IITs you have to choose for your bright future.
    It'd be better if you could back up your support with reasoning. Why do you think new IITs would be a better choice over old NITs?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most people I know would go for the old NITs given that they are bound to have more experienced professors. I do understand that new IITs might have great faculty too, but I've had a bad experience with just-out-of-college teachers. Therefore, if you are getting an admission in a well-reputed NIT that has a record of great teachers, go for it.
  • avii
    avii
    It doesn't matter old or new, just try to find out who are the faculty in the department. Though most probably old NITs will be having good professors.

Secondly, consider which is your area interest & chose accordingly which NIT or IIT is best for that area.

All the best ๐Ÿ‘
  • aNaN
    aNaN
    IF you want the tag, go for an IIT
    but in new IITs placements may not have started.
    in old NITs, the teaching is good, placements are also good ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am interesting to know about the manufactures of these products: crystalline silicon solar cells, thin-film solar modules, display screens like: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), touch panel and plasma, thin...
Credit Cards may soon become a thing of past as a Y Combinator backed startup 'PayTango' wants to make your fingers act as your credit card. The company is developing...
Be excited. Be very excited. Google has made the Nexus 7 available for the Indian market on the Google Play Store. The Rs 15,999 price tag on the 7-inch gorgeous-looking...
how does induction motor works????
I wanna convert analog signals to digital. Is it possible ? I mean D-sub pin to DVI-D Male to HDMI ! Is it possible without using any costly electronics circuit...