CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@VISHU2510 • 25 Mar, 2013
I am having 2700 rank in GATE-2013 in Mechanical stream.
So, I want to know what should i opt a new IIT or an old NIT.
If any lower rank student got both new IITs or old NITs ,so what should he choose.
@safiajen0055 • 26 Mar, 2013 I think new IITs you have to choose for your bright future.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 26 Mar, 2013
safiajen0055
I think new IITs you have to choose for your bright future.
It'd be better if you could back up your support with reasoning. Why do you think new IITs would be a better choice over old NITs?
@Ankita Katdare • 27 Mar, 2013 Most people I know would go for the old NITs given that they are bound to have more experienced professors. I do understand that new IITs might have great faculty too, but I've had a bad experience with just-out-of-college teachers. Therefore, if you are getting an admission in a well-reputed NIT that has a record of great teachers, go for it.
@avii • 06 Apr, 2013 It doesn't matter old or new, just try to find out who are the faculty in the department. Though most probably old NITs will be having good professors.

Secondly, consider which is your area interest & chose accordingly which NIT or IIT is best for that area.

All the best 👍
@aNaN • 19 Jun, 2013 IF you want the tag, go for an IIT
but in new IITs placements may not have started.
in old NITs, the teaching is good, placements are also good ...
4k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Mar 12, 2015

Triumph Motorcycles has unveiled two new bikes in India with Triumph Tiger 800 XCx and Tiger 800 XRx. Both the bikes were showcased at the India Bike 2015 event in...
1.7k views

@rohith gunnu · Oct 9, 2012

i have a doubt can we change a java phone to android? please answer me ...
33k views

@Ambarish Ganesh · Sep 11, 2012

1. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls ? A. y/(x + y) B. x/xy C. x/(x +...
1.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 14, 2015

Samsung Z3 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 8490. The Tizen powered phone offers a 5" S-AMOLED HD display, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of...
1.4k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 26, 2008

CEans, The essential part of being a Crazy Engineer is the ability to think beyond the obvious and innovating. No idea is stupid, no new thought would be laughed at....
2k views