[Linux]Open multiple pdf documents in tabs

Harshad Italiya
@harshad-ukH5ww โ€ข Oct 26, 2024

Hi,
I want to open 3-4 pdf document in linux. By default when I click on any pdf document it opens using Document Viewer. However for next document it opens a new window.

Is it possible to open all pdf files in one window in tabs? Or is there any such pdf reader?

Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# to help in this case.

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • lovebox

    @lovebox-ZyXFqj • Nov 25, 2013

    Tried qpdfview ?
    It supports tabs as far as I know.

  • Abhishek Rawal

    @abhishek-fg9tRh • Nov 25, 2013

    Install Adobe Reader :
    -Open Terminal & type

     sudo apt-add-repository "deb https://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner"  

    Press 'Enter', after couple of seconds of fetching data it will again ask if you really wanna install or not, Press 'Enter'.
    - Now update the repository by typing

     sudo apt-get update 

    - Now install by typing in terminal

     sudo apt-get install acroread 
  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Nov 25, 2013

    @#-Link-Snipped-# : So Adobe has feature to open multiple files as a tab in reader?

    sudo apt-add-repository "deb https://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner" 

    After this command it is asking for Password but it is not asking for any installation.
    Anything wrong with command or I am doing something wrong.

  • Abhishek Rawal

    @abhishek-fg9tRh • Nov 25, 2013

    @#-Link-Snipped-# This command is for adding repository for Adobe Reader. As you've typed 'sudo' it will surely gonna ask for password.When you'll type correct password & press enter, it will pop prompt on whether you wanna install PPA or not. Then when you'll press 'Enter' it will fetch GPG Keys for PPA & authenticate it.
    After that update repo by 2nd command mentioned above.
    Last command is for installing application.

    I am not sure but I've heard that Adobe reader supports multiple tabs, I use Gnome-documents & Evince as I don't embrace closed source that much.

  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Nov 25, 2013

    Abhishek Rawal@#-Link-Snipped-# This command is for adding repository for Adobe Reader. As you've typed 'sudo' it will surely gonna ask for password.When you'll type correct password & press enter, it will pop prompt on whether you wanna install PPA or not. Then when you'll press 'Enter' it will fetch GPG Keys for PPA & authenticate it.
    After that update repo by 2nd command mentioned above.
    Last command is for installing application.

    I am not sure but I've heard that Adobe reader supports multiple tabs, I use Gnome-documents & Evince as I don't embrace closed source that much.

    I installed it by other way.. And it's working now.

  • macjone

    @macjone-hv0aTS • Mar 31, 2014

    Harshad Italiya@#-Link-Snipped-# : So Adobe has feature to <a href="https://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/pdf-windows-viewer-create/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">VB.NET PDF: VB Code to Create PDF Windows Viewer Using DocImage SDK for .NET</a> as a tab in reader?

    There are more ways to achieve this task, see this post:

    #-Link-Snipped-#