Linux command for copying a file from remote server location to our local machine

scp -r testuser@10.0.5.215:/home/testuser/tmp/hello.txt /home/elcot/hello.txt
I've used the above command to copy the file located at the server:10.0.5.215, location: /tmp/hello.txt username: testuser to my local machine local-username: elcot....
Could anyone help me to get the file located remotely....

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    can you post the error you are getting?? try using rsync cmd, which runs over ssh protocol and furthermore provides a lot of configurable parameters.
  • Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    #-Link-Snipped-# : i was getting connection timed out msg.... i don't know why. 😔
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    are u able to ping to the server??
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Just verify if you have healthy connection to the server. Apart from that if this is some kind of backup utility, I would suggest you to use rsync to take network backup for sharing files. It is secure as well

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Blood clots inside brain could be fatal. Whenever a blood vessel bursts, the blood leaks out of the vessel and then forms a clot. In medical terms, it's called intracerebral...
what is the controller is to be used to operate a stepper motor ? ? when the input is a sensor ?
Now a days, most of the government exams are made as online exam. Is it a good scenario for candidate point of view. There is lot of difference between attending...
AC power transmission losses are greater than DC losses. but still we are using AC. i have read on internet that nowdays power companies are rethinking to switch to DC...
Last month, there was a rumour that Audi has planned a ‘high-roof’ MPV top hat on the A3 platform and Indianautoblog has nicknamed the car as "AUDI SPACER". Autocar UK...