Light Does Not Travel In A Straight Line If Treated With An Electron Plus Some Special Arrangements

While CE is adapting the CrazyEngineers : Hello IO! in engineering ecosystem and is on the verge of adding the primary feather in its crown, light, the true essence of our existence has found its shelter under nano-particle confinement by manipulating the properties of surface plasmon (SP) and topological insulators (TI). Simply speaking, a new form of light has been speculated and gone under review which has been weaved with a single electron, forming a hybrid of combined properties.

A group of scientists at Imperial College London has envisioned a #-Link-Snipped-# through a single-electron induced SPs, popularly an electron coupled with light, in a Scientists Look Up To Nanoparticle Technology To Meet The Worlds Increasing Food Demands topological insulator. According to the group, the combo can realize photonic circuits and helps researchers to study quantum physical phenomena, Plasmonics And NanoTech Could Revolutionize The Science of Laser Printing and cavity electrodynamics.

Light_Nano-particle_TI
Light Trapped On The Surface Of a Nanoparticle Topological Insulator: Artist's View

The team explains, generally, light has been seen to interact with the whole host of electrons present over the surface. However, with the newly designed model, researchers have found that light could be directed to interact with a single electron in certain types of a class of materials known as topological insulators.

Following our basic knowledge, we know that light travels in a straight line. But in some conditions, like this one, when the properties of the electron and light is merged together light follows the surface, traces its path where it has been localized. In a lab-grown prototype the team has chosen the target surface to provide the general foundation for interaction which was selected to be a nano-particle, small sphere below 0.00000001 metres in diameter, composed of TIs.

The demonstration helped them note the satisfactory result that implied, photons and electron could interchange some informations that ultimately strengthen the offspring. Very unlikely, light followed a circular trajectory by following electrons, on the other hand electrons did not hesitate to mimic some of light’s intellectual properties.

Casually, when electrons pass through electrical circuits they stop their journey if they hit a defect. Scientists confirmed that this is not followed in the latest case. Although there was imperfection in the nano-particle’s skin the electrons still traveled without interruption. To the team, the new found results will work as a breakthrough in photonics circuitry and related discipline. The research has been published in Journal Nature.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

which is the best book in electrical engineering ?
When i make a post, like in the download section, it wont let me create new tag, only use existing keyword tags that pop up after typing first two letters....
Hy Everyone! I am currently doing M. Tech on power systems engineering and it's high time I should start thinking about a project ! Can anyone help me with latest...
What will be the effect of yearback in engineering?One of my friend completed his engineering in 8 years.Does he has any carrier option with his degree for jobs and all?Can...
Before opening the box of today’s artistic-technology news, can we ask ourselves why scientists are trying to make a painter out of an AI-powered bot? While painting is certainly not...