Let's have programming language independent coding challenges

Wondering if CEans can post programming related questions or challenges so that other CEans can work on them and everyone benefits by upgrading their programming skills? I don't have a set of questions, but I'm sure many of you will definitely have challenging questions & awesome way to code them?

Let's keep it all language independent. Each new question should have its own separate thread. What do you say?

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    That's a great idea. And may be we can have some on SQLs too. I can post questions if you give me green signal 😀
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Should we post questions that will have only single answer or shall we host some competition based website like codechef on which we can have multiple input-output questions?

I'll gladly participate in it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think someone needs to make a headstart. If the activity gets good response, we can then think of launching a dedicated 'app' through our apps section that will 'gamify' the whole thing.

How to do this - I'll leave it to the coders. I'm not one, so I'd better step out. 😀
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Ok, I would initiate this.

1)In how many ways a 4x4 matrix be represented as a magic square.
    PS: All reflections and rotations to be considered.

All the submissions are supposed to be done on Online Compiler and IDE >> C/C++, Java, PHP, Python, Perl and 70+ other compilers and interpreters - Ideone.com
    and PM your links to me.

Please mention your CE id and the language which is used to compile.
    Also make sure that you provide me the correct link so that I can recompile your code again.

Your submission should be capable of printing combinations, each on a new line.
    and there should be a blank line after each magic square.
    However you need not print it (This would be used to authenticate your entry).
    eg.
    There are x combinations.
    ---------------------------------------
    1 {Corresponding magic square}
    ----------------------------------------
    2 {Corresponding magic square}
    ----------------------------------------

where x is the number which is computed.
    However, you must use System time from start of your main function/method till the end.
    and print the elapsed time in milliseconds.

An expected output is
    XXXXX
    Took YYYY ms to compute.
    Please note any entry found to be a copied solution or similar would be disqualified.

You can submit multiple entries, there is no negative points for wrong solutions or number of entries sent.
    However your last entry would be considered.
    Please note that this should be computed by writing a program in any language supported by
    Online Compiler and IDE >> C/C++, Java, PHP, Python, Perl and 70+ other compilers and interpreters - Ideone.com
    Person with correct output in least execution time and least number of submissions wins.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It can be start from simple logic challenges.
    Is anyone heard of Top Website Designers, Developers, Freelancers for Your Next Project | Topcoder .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, I have two different questions. ​1. I search information about development new automation systems, not regular development that develop a new algorithm or new control method or search...
hi friends... can you guide me the procedure for home made induction motor
Think innovation is hard? Well, it's just about finding simplest technical solutions to the most generic problems people face. With mobiles having invaded our lives, what could be a better...
A train speeding at 1000 kmpH inside a tube sounds an exciting engineering exercise. A tad claustrophobic perhaps. Even if technologically feasible, will it be a commercial success? It may...
Ubuntu Edge ,the dream phone for every geek. Canonical's Ubuntu Edge can dual-boot Latest Android & Ubuntu Touch OS. (Canonical was working on this since January 2012). Moreover, the phone...