Let us learn something NEW!

Hi CEans.We know that automotive industry is growing more faster than mobile industry where more and more cars and bikes are rolling out everyday and equipped with special features and impressive technology that ignites the young minds with so many questions on its working . So let us group together to learn something latest and useful.It may be a economical bike technology or a super bike but we want to learn something new.I request all of you to join hands with me to learn new.Here we should discuss more on specs,techs,design involved in bike and cars.I will be back in short time with a new tech to feed your mind.

Beware:BEAST IS COMING!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    HI CEans Today I am going to give a brief of DTSi technology.As you were aware of it that it was well used in Bajaj Discover and the patent belongs to Bajaj.
    We all know that the complete combustion in an IC engine is very difficult as the flame propogation varies and decrease towards the end.To overcome tis problem,Bajaj invented a Digital Twin Spark ignition system where two spark plugs are plugged opposed to each other.During this process we can ignite sparks alternatively and increase the diameter of the flame and burn the fuel instantaneously.This results in better fuel efficiency and lower ignition(Nearer to complete combustion) .This Spark plug was actuated by Electonic cntrol box which also controls the Fuel injection and valve timing.
    This ECU helps in adjusting idling speed,cutting off fuel supply when accelerator pedal is released and ensures cold starting.
    dtsi
    dtsi
    Design:Hemispherical combustion chamber and piston heads-For better flame propagation,less ignition advance so that lean mixtures can be used to increase the fuel efficiency.This offers better "POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO".It has two overhead cams with camshaft timing variation,Digital electronic ignition with two spark plugs per cylinder and separate ignition distributors.Compact design and superior balance would be the the highlight of this technology.
    Highlights:Greater combustion rate ,Greater engine life and increased fuel efficiency,better valve timing.All the process were supervised by a microprocessor and it constantly senses speed and load and respond by altering the ignition timing leading to better fuel efficiency and power.
    Advantages:Less vibration,less noise,long life,increased fuel economy,better thermal efficiency,better cold start,Increased Compression ratio amd better power output.
    Disadvantages:High NOx emission,We have to replace both Spark plugs even if one gets damaged,high cost.
    Courtsey:automobiletechinfo.blogspot.com
    Hi Ceans,

Today I had came up with a simple yet beneficiary explanation on the working of the ABS aka Antilock Braking System which is widely used in all high end Bikes and Cars. Many of us use or heard about ABS but would have not known its working. So this time we join to learn more about the ABS the so called life saving system especially in cold countries. First I want to give you a rough idea on its function- Consider that you are driving your car or bike in a Ice filled road or a less friction road. There is a high probability where any wheel having little traction and tend to skid while other wheels still rotate. This leads to difficulty in steering and braking .So this difficulty was overcome by equipping your car/bike with ABS. So let us know about it in detail.
    anti-lock-brake1
    The main parts of ABS are

1)Speed Sensors ,2) Pump, 3)Valves, 4)Controller.

*Speed Sensors- Fitted either in wheel or differential monitor the wheel which is locking and notify to ECU.

*Valves in the Brake line controlled by the ABS. There are three positions as follows

a)Valve open- Pressure from the master cylinder passes to brake

b)Valve blocks the line- No further rise in pressure. Driver has to press the pedal very hardly to brake.

c)Valve releases some pressure from the brake.

*To compensate the pressure loss when valve releasing the pressure, Pump does the correct job of bringing back the pressure in brake line.

*Controller controls the valve and sensors.
    Types:

1)One channel ,One sensor ABS,

2)Three channel, Three sensor ABS,

3)Four channel, Four sensor Abs.
    abs-sys
    Working:

The ABS system monitors the speed of each wheel constantly and if it sees any rapid deceleration, it would notify the Controller which reduces the pressure in that brake line and it continues to decrease until it sees a acceleration. This process continues and about 10 to 15 cycles will happen in a second .It will make the wheel to rotate in same speed as other wheels and makes the vehicle to stop within a small braking distance and also helps in steering while braking. It helps to churn out maximum braking efficiency and you would notice a pulsing sensation while ABS is at work and don’t fear about it because it is quite normal.
    img_feature_abs02 img_feature_abs03 img_feature_abs01
    credit:HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!
  • Tejas Vijay
    Tejas Vijay
    Whatever efforts you are taking are truly commendable no no cares to share their knowledge in today's highly competitive world but seeing something like this is truly great 😀
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    We all know that the complete combustion in an IC engine is very difficult as the flame propogation varies and decrease towards the end.
    dear will you please explain this that what is it and why it happens??
    Anku2993
    dear will you please explain this that what is it and why it happens??
    Hi Anku,
    Flame Propagation plays a important role in achieving maximum combustion of the fuel we supply but it depends on nature of fuel, construction design of engine , spark ignition method and fuel injection interms of diesel engine.
    When we supply fuel it gets compressed and at the end of compression stroke it will be ignited by spark .Now the fuel gets burn and flame propagation starts.It will move all over the cylinder space and try to ignite all fuel supplied.All companies are trying to get complete combustion by new methods. Some bikes have Advanced swirl flow induction to get max combustion .Please be free to ask if you don't get your answer.
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Hi Anku,
    .Now the fuel gets burn and flame propagation starts.It will move all over the cylinder space and try to ignite all fuel supplied.All companies are trying to get complete combustion by new methods.
    Oh thanks dear i got my answer...... 😀 thank you very much.. please post some more stuff. waiting
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

Now how about the manufacturing and assembly of automobiles ?

Also can you explain about the automotive electrical systems in detail ?
    zaveri
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

Now how about the manufacturing and assembly of automobiles ?

Also can you explain about the automotive electrical systems in detail ?
    Definitely bro .
    Please check the following link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

for various Venice construction details.Yes i know that i missed that part on assembling and electric part.will update and expect this weekend bro.i will try to make it simple and to the point.
    Hi CEans, I had come up with an brief explanation on the working of Petrol engine ignition system. Many of you would have been wondering on one question: How a whooping voltage of 15,000Volt was produced from a simple 12V or 6V battery and at the end of the post you would find the exact answer. There should be a special arrangement to step up the voltage to required amount and “Ignition system” satisfies it. There are three ignition systems available they are ,

1)Battery coil ignition system(Bit older one)

2)Magneto ignition system and

3)Electronic ignition system(New one and vastly used).

Today I would explain first two methods as both of them follows similar working concepts.

BATTERY COIL IGNITION SYSTEM: In this system the main parts are
    2014-01-02 20.24.56
    Primary circuit:Battery, ignition switch, Primary winding of ignition coil, breaker points , High current condencer.

Secondary Circuit:Secondary winding of ignition coil, distributor, rotor, spark plugs.

Working: The circuit would be connected as shown in the figure. When the ignition switch is switched ON the current flows from battery towards Ignition coil and the current flowing through the coil produces magnetic field and this field will keep on building up in the primary winding of IG coil when the contact breaker points are in closed position(Touching each other, The contact breaker points will be connected to a hexagonal shaped nut fitted to the camshaft). So when the camshaft rotates, the breaker points “open” and “close” alternatively. So when the contact breaker points go to OPEN position the magnetic field in Ignition coil collapses and a high voltage is produced in the secondary coil .This high voltage pass through high tension wire and reaches distributor. In distributor there will be a rotor which rotates and touches the contact points where during each contact the spark plug connected to it will be able to spark with 15,000 Volt.

Magneto coil ignition system:
    2014-01-02 20.25.24
    This one is similar but a battery was replaced with permanent magnet.

Primary circuit:Magnet, primary winding, condencer, Contact breaker points and the end of CB points are grounded as shown in figure.

Secondary circuit: Secondary winding of ignition coil, distributor, rotor, spark plugs.

Working: When we cycle or two wheeler pedal engines crankshaft and flywheel rotates and Magnet connected to it rotates .This will cause the production of current in the primary winding of ignition coil and hereafter the process works same as battery coil ignition system.

Post your queries below.Thanks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Nexus owners across the world are concerned regarding the well-being of their beloved smartphone after learning about Flash SMS based denial-of-service attacks that can affect the performance of several...
Helllo guys, I have been following CE discussions regarding CDAC for a while and i want to present a very odd situation of mine ( read as "problem" ). I...
What is red hat linux?
How to install red hat linux? and how to download it
In the weekend Xolo and Idea have unveiled smartphones which offer Android Jelly Bean experience at affordable rates. The Xolo Q500 and Idea Aurus 4 have been priced at Rs...