Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 and 10 India Launch Happens Today - Key Specs At Glance

Lenovo India has today brought the Lenovo Yoga Tablet to India in 8-inch and 10-inch variants. Coming in two different sizes, the Lenovo Yoga Tab has a lot of innovative features worth noticing. The price of the 8-inch Yoga tab is Rs. 22,999 and that of the 10-inch tab is Rs. 28,999. The display on both the tablets have a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. Deriving their power from the 1.2 Ghz Quad Core MediaTek MT8389 (Cortex-A7) processor, the Lenovo Yoga tablets have 1 GB of RAM each. Running on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system out of the box, the tablet may soon get a Android Kitkat update.

On the Lenovo Yoga Tab specifications list, we find a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 1.6 megapixel front-facing one. The tablet comes with 16 GB of internal storage with microSD card slot that expands the memory up to 64 GB and a 6000 mAh and 9000 mAh battery that Lenovo claims can last for more than 18 hours for the 8 and 10 variants. This could give Lenovo a huge edge over its rivals, considering the fact that Android OS still faces battery consumption issues. The Yoga Tab has a cylindrical edge that houses this battery. The tablet comes with SIM card support and the 8-inch version also supports voice-calling. On the connectivity front, the tablet is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi support.

The Lenovo Yoga Tab features a flat design and therefore the grip that it offers should be very comfortable. The Yoga Tablet 8 and 10 both feature Lenovo's multimode design, offering three modes to work - hold, tilt and stand. All the three positions the stand allows should be quite comfortable and handy.

lenovo-yoga-tablet-10-inch-1

lenovo-yoga-tablet-8-inch-2 lenovo-yoga-tablet-10-inch-2 lenovo-yoga-tablet-10-inch-3
Commenting on the launch, Shailendra Katyal, Director, Consumer Business, Lenovo India said, "Technology is a part of who we are, therefore it needs to transition constantly to keep pace with our changing lifestyles. With this intent, we have re-engineered the Tablet from ground-up to offer users a better way to experience the Tablet. We are confident that the Yoga Tablet will redefine the category and set the stage for devices that are in sync with the evolving needs of the consumer." Lenovo has also put up a product tour video. Check it here -

Lenovo India has also come up with an offer that gives - the sleeve cover, a screen protector and the earphones – as accessories bundled with the package. These accessories are worth Rs. 4,000 for 8-inch and Rs. 5,000 for 10-inch - but will only be applicable if you buy the tablet before November 24th. The Lenovo Yoga tablets are available from major retailers across India, as well as the company's own dostore.com starting today.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I personally believe that the biggest advantage of the Lenovo Yoga tab is the low price point and the BATTERY LIFE! The Cell Lithium-Ion battery offering 18 hours of up time is such a boon!

Lenovo has also made an announcement that the firm has hired Hollywood movie star Ashton Kutcher as a "product engineer" - a brand ambassador (who was seen playing Apple's Steve Jobs in his latest movie)
    Though we aren't sure how this marketing strategy turns out for the company, the company is sure not leaving any stone unturned.
    What do engineers here think about the Lenovo Yoga tabs?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    10/10 to Lenovo for getting the pricing right. I'd expect this tablet to cost over Rs. 30k given the features and innovations it brings. I just hope they get the marketing thing right so that people's blindness because of Apple's iPad is removed 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was reading this thread https://www.quora.com/Semiconductors...power-consumption-in-CMOS-integrated-circuits to understand the difference between dynamic and static power in a MOS component, and bumped into the term 'subpipe' to which I didn't find...
UPSC the Union Public Services Commission is the centralized commission of India which conduct various Exams for various posts for undergraduates,graduates and post graduates. through UPSC exams you will get...
My iMac 27" (2011) model is already past its warranty and the superdrive isn't functioning well. It's popping-out any DVD inserted after a gap of about 15-30 seconds. After inserting...
It seems rather early but US based semiconductor devices brand Crucial will be launching DDR4 RAM for the public by the end of 2013. Although it has not provided a...
The quest of finding the better power alternatives have been on for quite some time now and a lot of research work has been put in behind the lithium-air batteries...