Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 and ThinkServer RD450 Launched - Indian SMEs To Benefit

The Chinese multi-national tech giant Lenovo has launched its Thinkserver brand in the country with two entry level models- ThinkServer TS140 (Tower server), ThinkServer RD450 (2U rack server). This launch comes after its recent acquisition of IBM’s x86 business in 2014, and aims to provide a much needed boost to Digital India initiative. It caters to the needs of small Indian SMEs who are looking to build their first DIY server computer cluster, or a software defined storage cluster, or even managed service providers looking for a whisper-quiet machine, Siddhesh Naik, Director of Enterprise Business Group at Lenovo was quoted as saying.

lenovo-rack-server-thinkserver-rd450-front-back

The ThinkServer TS140 provides a 15-percent performance increase over previous-generation towers; with 24x7 running time and includes reliability features such as error correcting code (ECC) memory and an onboard storage controller with the capability of implementing up to RAID 5 to safeguard data. The model is whisper-quiet (26 decibels) with up to 16TB of storage, 32GB of memory, and 4 PCI/PCIe slots. ThinkServer RD450 boasts up to two of the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Series processors, with up to 512GB of memory via 16 slots. The 2U server offers flexible configuration options while its large and cost-effective storage capacity makes it ideal for small- medium sized businesses.

The Government of India is already rooting for projects as Digital India and e-governance and thus there is a great chance for the company to fork in their revenues from these sectors, which it expects to be well up to 20-25 percent. With this first addition to its EBG server range in India, it aims to upgrade entire server spectrum ranging from entry-level to high-end servers in future.

The tech-giant’s 12-13% of server revenues come from Government verticals and hence remains its top priority sector. The introduction of the models is set to benefit a range of business applications with faster outputs, and increased performances; delivering the legendary Think Engineering to new age businesses.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello frnds.. Can someone please tell me that what are the various field in which I can go after b. Tech (civil) .. For example : I can go into...
Just yesterday, Pakistan removed its three-year old ban on video-sharing website YouTube, according to reports. This was after the Google-owned website agreed to launch a customized version that will require...
Project Abstract / Summary : Basically video surveillance system, used for security purpose as well as monitoring systems is used in home security, military applications, traffic monitoring etc. But, Detection...
Hello ankitta mam, am studying final year mechanical engineering and am wearing spectacule. Am I eligible for ies examination
Hello, I just wanted know the trending topic for research in networking