Learning happens through.....

What is your opinion on the following statement.

Learning happens through Experience Not Through Accepting Theories.
😒😒

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I agree to it that learning happens through practical experience. But to get a practical experience you are ought to know the theories.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I think one has to understand the theory before experiencing it in real life for complete understanding/learning. I'd see an electric motor run but I'd not understand why the motor actually ran unless I learn about the basics of electro-magnetic effect.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    Yes Mona i accept your statement... experience is what makes man perfect!
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    I think learning happens not only by the theories but its implementation must also be tried out. Both are necessary elements in the process of learning.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Yes I second Mona. Also to get an interest to know the theory one should see its application. 😀
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Theory and practical knowledge should be given simultaneously, in right proportions. If you are taught a theory along with a visual or practical experience, then you will never forget it.
    You can learn inertia as the tendency of the body to remain at rest or at uniform motion in a straight unless it is disturbed by another force. Else, you can keep a postcard on a glass tumbler and place a coin at the centre of the tumbler above the postcard. Then you can flick the post card and see the coin falling into the tumbler and thus prove to yourself that the coin refused to move with the card board but fell down without retaining its position because of gravity. This is due to the inertia of the coin.
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    One thing which i would like to say is "Learning happens through the will of learning with experience along with some(or more) theoretical knowledge".
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    both experience and theory are important for learning

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Match each word in the first column with its definition in the second column 1. complacent----------------a. covering everything 2. complement---------------b. complete 3. complicity------------------c. consist of 4. comprehensive-----------d. make up(2) 5....
I signed the contract in my company to work for 2.5 years. If I breach the contract I need to pay 75000.(they said). I also heard.," if you breach contract...
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... ? ? ? + ? ? ? --------- = ? ? ? Using each of the digits given above,...
Apple has released the latest version of its web browser Safari (5.0.1) for Widows and Mac platforms. The latest version comes with extensions which can be downloaded from here: Apple...
Switzerland based Day Software which makes web content management systems aimed at marketers. TechCrunch Reports: Many of Adobe’s products, such as Illustrator and Photoshop, are used already to create marketing...