Latest trends among Indian entrepreneurs

I've been closely following the Indian entrepreneurship scene; with an aim to find out the trends. For example, what are the hottest domains for newbie entrepreneurs, which startups are getting funded and are making headlines, what startups reach out to us for coverage etc. I think following are the happening trends right now-
  • Food Startups: Discovery, Delivery, Bookings and Reviews
  • Travel Startups: Travel aggregators, booking, reservation, advise, planning etc.
  • Apps Based Startups: Developing apps for other startups!
I think Food and Travel startups are now reaching the same fate as that of the 'ecommerce' startups these days. E Commerce was over-done in the 2007-2012 era and now we have plenty of food startups which are now being over-done. The surprising thing is that these startups are raising money from venture capitalists too.

I'm even guessing that we're heading towards a bubble; which is long due. The evaluations of startups are going up only because the early investors want to make money. Expect the consolidation to occur among the food and travel startups in the next 1-2 years. The ones with bigger market share will start eating the smaller ones for not-so-great valuations.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any thoughts on this?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is this practical or lot of hot air? Quote: A combination of the U.S. Geological Survey’s ShakeAlert system, a magnetic-field architecture and a three-part building foundation system may enable buildings...
​ When I first heard about the HDMI dongle developed by an Indian startup (aka Mango Man Consumer Electronics Pvt. Ltd based out of Bangalore), I was pleasantly surprised. Teewe...
What are the companies that hire MCA graduates?? What would be their expectations on MCA students???
I have this conceptual problem which I asked many people regarding pressure velocity problem and many got confused, I later turned this problem into pressure velocity paradox.Please help me with...
what your views on existence of ghost, spirits ,there is a popular method for communicating with them Named as Ouija Board: Science has it own explanation to it called as...