Know Your CEan - AbraKaDabra

CEan- AbraKaDabra doesn't require any introduction. She is one of the young budding engineer at CE who is very actively involved in managing CE activity. She is a helping hand to administrator and moderators and working as one of the Editor @ CE. Here I got a chance to Tete-e-Tete with Ankita Katdare AKA AbraKaDabra
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CB: Ankita, you are a crazy computer engineer and we all know that you always keep yourself busy in exploring new development world. Tell us more about you.
AKD: First of all, hello CEans and thank you to all. It's an honor to be featured on the KYCEan. I find it really very tough to speak about myself (That’s the reason why I have ignored the “About Me” section on my blog for ages)

I am a budding engineer in my last teen year. I am an optimistic dreamer. I love the pace at which the world is progressing. And I want to be a significant part of it.

CB: “Abra Ka Dabra”. We all are well versed with this name. What were your thoughts of keeping this name for CE-Editor?
AKD: It’s a funny story. I was 15 and reading. I was (and still am) a big Harry Potter Series fan. Magic was all over the books. The quotes like ‘magic is might’ were starting to affect my mind. I would sit and ponder about magic. Then I put my hands on some sci-fi books and started making imaginary connections between magic and reality. I thought everything that we have around us today would appear as magic to the 20th century people. I believed Science and Technology are itself the tools to create *magic* and that was the time when CE happened to me.

So, this name; Another peculiar reason to keep it is that, A and K are my initials. 😁

CB: Why CE? Why not any other techno forum? What made you join CE-family?
AKD: I have seen the creation and growth of CE from day one. The way CE has been developed for a ‘wanna-be’ as well as a ‘been-there-done-that‘engineer is simply superb.

CB: You are one of the oldest members at CE (Joined in 2006) over a long period of time you were lost. What motivated you to become an active member again?
AKD: When I joined I was just out of school. I did not have a good sense of what it means to be an engineer. I wasn’t lost. I did not want to be ignorant. I was gathering my resources. I used to read posts here and loved the energy of our forum. But I rarely logged in to post because I thought I was dumb. 😔

Now I know I was wrong. Like thousands of other CEans, I have found the real definition of an engineer through CE. 😁
It motivates me daily.😁

CB: You are a computer engineer. 5 years from now where do you see yourself in IT field? Or as a techno geek you want to go in research field.
AKD: As I mentioned earlier I am fascinated by the technological development that human race is going through. I want to interact and work with the greatest engineers. I love the #-Link-Snipped-#. As a computer engineer I would love to work on an animation film, a civil mega structure (probably a bridge), a humanoid robot, a green electricity generation plant or some big machinery they use to make super cars. 😁

CB: What else do you do apart from your studies and spending time on CE?
AKD: Quite a few things. I learn Japanese as a foreign language. I play piano and violin. (But it breaks my heart to say I haven’t touched it for about a year.) I love reading books – mostly non-fiction.

CB: You are a piano and Violin master and your brother is an awesome guiterst and had a great vocal. Didn't you think of starting a band? or you had participated in any?
AKD: I am not a master in any of those. I am still naïve. My brother sure has a great voice and has flair with the guitar. He is an ounce of inspiration for me. We play together a lot of times. But have not participated in any competition. I think we can plan something like that for an All Engineer Band or play something at the first CE World Meet. ;-)I hope that happens soon enough.

Quickies:

CB: Name as many CEans as you can in 10 seconds?
AKD: The_Big_K, Ash, English-Scared, CrazyBoy, Sahithi_Pallavi, Durga, Godfather, Gohm, CivilPrincess, Cooltwins, RajVerma, Goyal, silverscorpion, AJ, mohitkumar, Maro, cooldudeiet, Vik, optimysitx, leo, whatsinname, sam-from-hell, whiz-kid-aniket….I know I have run out of time! 😲

CB: If you are allowed to go in past, thing you would like to change?
1. For you?
AKD: I would have started being active on CE a bit earlier.

2. For CE?
AKD: Nothing. It rocks the way it is. 😁

3. For world?
AKD: I would have vanished the boundaries between nations and prevented mankind from fighting with each other.

CB: A moment you cannot forget in life?
AKD: It’s a hard to tell only one. Anyway, I am writing what comes to my mind first. It was the feeling of being airborne i.e. my first experience in the flight. It felt like a dream.

CB: What keeps CE different then other techno forums?
AKD: The members i.e. CEans. Members in the forum are the *life* of the forum. We all have seen people speak loads of good things about CE. We call the forum as our own. We are proud to be a part of it. We are bound by the common engineering spirit. Where else can I find that?

Twisters

CB: Your dream date?
AKD: 28th November. My birth date. I dream about it every year, all the time. I love gifts. ;-)

CB: One blooper at college life you would like to remember?
AKD: I have a bag full of embarrassing moments. And I would rather like to forget all of them. One of them is: I was forcibly put into a quiz contest at the college fest. I had no idea that my name was on the participants’ list. And my team was horrible too. We gave terrible answers and at last our score was below zero due to the negative marking. 😡It was a disaster.

CB: Who's a better engineer, a married genius or an unmarried fanatic?
AKD: Without much thought - a married genius.

CB: If you designated as CE-Good Administrator for one day only, one thing you will like to do?
AKD: I would send free t-shirts to all the good and active CEans and urge them to spread the word.

CB: Any saying to todays engineers @ CE?
AKD: One has to look out for engineers - they begin with sewing machines and end up with the atomic bomb.
To all CEans, Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.
At last, always be nice to engineers. Who knows - you might end up working for one. 😎

-CB

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Fabulous Interview 😀
    @AKD:very Nice answers
    @CB:Good questions

We are proud to be on CE !!!!!! CE ROCKS 😁
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    wow! a super cool interview 😁
    @CB: nice questions
    @abrakadaba: nice to know you.very nice answers😀
    at last KYCEan of abrakadaba is out 😉
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nice Answers AKD.

CB: If you designated as CE-Good Administrator for one day only, one thing you will like to do?
    AKD: I would send free t-shirts to all the good and active CEans and urge them to spread the word.
    @ biggi - Could you please provide admin rights to AKD for a day 😁

-CB
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah! that would be real nice one 😉
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Awesome Interview!!
    Superb Answers and Superb Questions!!
    You guys Rocked!! 😀

@AKD : For your Blooper question... Participation is more Important. Winning or Loosing is not in consideration.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I was waiting for this. She has been asking asking questions to everyone all the time and at last, her interview is being taken. Its proud to be in a forum where AKD is, because she gives a lot of inspiration to all the others. I have never seen anyone post current affairs in CE in such a lightning fast speed. She is truly an active CEan.
    @akd- I was thinking about this in the morning when I logged in, you deserve to be known. Its a honour to comment on your interview. There's a local saying "A person who makes questions cannot be a good answerer". But you proved this wrong. You have prepared simple, yet highly information demanding questionnaires (one needs to be a smart brain for that) for all the other CE ans, and you answered this questionnaire perfectly well. Your answering style was confident, firm and your style is very impressive, at least nice for your age. It would become better in the coming years for sure.
    Keep up the good work and may God bless you to do something memorable which would change the world in the best way.
    Thank you very much for everything AKD. See you around. Keep up the good work.
    P.S.-@CB, nice set of questions.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ CP, CD, CB, AJ and SP: Thank you so much guys. 😀

@AJ: It's very nice of you to say all that. Thanks, it motivates me to keep going. 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Awesome Interview !

CB sir You are Rocking as a interviewer.

Good Job !
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent questions CB!!

@AKD: You are just awesome 😀

No words , you have answered aptly!

@Aj: Very nice compliment 😀

he members i.e. CEans. Members in the forum are the *life* of the forum. We all have seen people speak loads of good things about CE. We call the forum as our own. We are proud to be a part of it. We are bound by the common engineering spirit. Where else can I find that?

This is superb!

• durga ch
    durga ch
    look look whose in this section 😁
    nice to read about you!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Very nice answers
    akd 5 stars for you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Durga: 😁

@Goyal: Thanks! 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nice to know about you, AKD 😁 😁

Rock on!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    crazyboy

CB: Your dream date?
    AKD: 28th November. My birth date. I dream about it every year, all the time. I love gifts. ;-)

-CB
    @AKD: I think that was not what CB expected when he asked that question!! ;-)

And please become the Good Administrator soon.. 😁 Can't wait to get a free tee.. 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @silverscorpion: I know. 😁
    But I would prefer keeping personal things personal. (especially on a technical forum) 😉
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey akd cool interview 😀

you rocked. 👍

and CB good questions.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    Thats indeed an amazing interview!
    Great going, AKD! :smile:
  • Reya
    Reya
    awesome answers akd..keep rocking!!!
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Nice answers AKD! CE rocks the way it is and you too rock the way you are!
    Good going! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ Megabyte, Cooltwins, Nion and Praveena: Thank you so much CEans 😉

PS: I just saw that there are *17 likes* to this KYCEan. 😁 Is that number real?
    My bad - It doesn't show the names of people who clicked the like button.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    AbraKaDabra
    I just saw that there are *17 likes* to this KYCEan. 😁
    oh thats awesome 😀
    thats more than the long thread :clap:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    @ Megabyte, Cooltwins, Nion and Praveena: Thank you so much CEans 😉

PS: I just saw that there are *17 likes* to this KYCEan. 😁 Is that number real?
    My bad - It doesn't show the names of people who clicked the like button.
    Awesome! 😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great AKD!

Its Awesome , I am not sure whether i liked it or not! If not it will be 18 today 😀
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Put the 18th one before you ES!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am obliged people! :-D

It feels just awesome 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Great interview! Kudos to both CB and AKD.

I love the pace at which the world is progressing. And I want to be a significant part of it
    Better buckle your seat belt! Technology is progressing at an insane rate. The synergy between various disciplines are allowing us to achieve amazing things.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Awesome interview!
  • Leo
    Leo
    I never saw this thread before, but it's really awesome, i read AKD's article on CE, the very first article that i read on CE was "The Digital Afterlife" which was written by her and i asked many of my friends to read it. It's still my favorite article on CE. AKD you rock. Best of luck for your future.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @whiz & leo: thanks a lot guys. It means a lot to me 😀
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Really great thinking!!
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @AKD : Today itself i read this interview really awesome answers...great work AKD keep going on like this!!!
    @CB: Awesome questions.

Superb!
    CE ROCKS!!!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Nice Interview CB and good answers but you missed my name in 10seconds ABKD.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @BCA-Girl and Sushant: Thanks a lot 😀

@dileep: I am so sorry. But you have to know that you are really a CE-Star! 😀
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    AbraKaDabra
    @BCA-Girl and Sushant: Thanks a lot 😀

@dileep: I am so sorry. But you have to know that you are really a CE-Star! 😀
    It's Ok.You are more than just a star ABKD.Thanks a lot.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Dileep: Lol. I hope you have received your T-Shirt. Looking forward to see you in CE more often.
  • makru921
    makru921
    Nice one! Loved the dream date part😀 And of course the T-shirt offer😀 Im sure you'l get a lot of votes if there happens to be an election for administrator😀 Keep up the good work..!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks Makru. It's soon going to be time when we feature your KYCEan too 😀
    Glad to have you here.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Very interesting interview......
    May God bless you AKD...... Enjoy your life to the fullest...😛😛
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Deepika Bansal
    Very interesting interview......
    May God bless you AKD...... Enjoy your life to the fullest...😛😛
    Hey thanks Deepika. 👍
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Biggie: Please make AKD good administrator for a day at least. I want a T-shirt for FREE FREE FREE :razz:

@AKD: It is important that you participate in any event. You may not succeed in it. But yes you must try, that is important. 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! Just saw the questions and answers... Awesome interview... 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AKD has mod rights and can do all administration activities.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I may not come out to be as good as the "good administrator" 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    AbraKaDabra
    I may not come out to be as good as the "good administrator" 😀
    @The_Big_K: Take care of your post as the good admin... Someone is trying to get to your place!!! 😛
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    @The_Big_K: Take care of your post as the good admin... Someone is trying to get to your place!!! 😛
    hehehe i got a doubt
    where is the_small_k
    i think biggie feared about his post and killed small_k
    just kidding
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    that quiz thing is too good. i can certainly imagine your expression and the condition you went through. rolling on floor laughing 😁😁
    good interview and witty answers
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @shubhankar: Thanks. I have almost a bag full of embarrassing moments. 😁
    I sometimes wonder how can so many things go wrong with the same person. Well, it's all good memories in the end.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    An elegant interview. I liked it. And i'm happy i found it after a long while on CE. Great to know about you AKD. Keep up the passion burning!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Women Friends chatting in office. Woman 1: I had a fine evening, how was yours? Woman 2: it was a disaster. My husband came home, ate his dinner in three...
Am a mechanical engineering student........ Doing 3rd semester............. Give me more informations on undercutting of gears......
help i need some help on the material that trap solar and convert to other form of energy and if u have picture pleas send me , I am an...
hi What is java servlets and for what purpose it is used?
What is the subject-wise analysis for CS discipline? Also, suggest some books for GATE preparation.