Kingdom Come Deliverance: First CryEngine Game Planned For Linux

Czech Republic located game studio, #-Link-Snipped-# has funded a Kickstarter game Kingdom Come Deliverance; which is powered by Crytek's CryEngine3. CryEngine 3 is the latest version of Crytek's game engine on which the games like Crysis 2, Warface, Lichdom & Sniper : Ghost Warrior 2 were successfully developed. Back in 2012, Michael Larabel of Phoronix first reported about CryEngine's Linux port on twitter, but since then there has been no official report by Crytek about Linux port of their latest game engine. However, In mid-2013 when Crytek hiring to bring CryEngine 3 to Linux - GameSpot calling for a programmer to work on CryEngine3 to bring it to Linux operating system, we knew that few mainstream games for Linux will emerge.

slide

Kingdom Come : Deliverance is the first Linux game using CryEngine3 by Warhorse
Studios started funding on Kickstarter on Thursday, 20 Feb and just within 5 days the project received £369,348 pledges which is almost 70 grands more than what the current goal is. The game by Warhorse Studios is described as 'Realistic single-player RPG set in medieval Europe. Open-world sandbox with period accurate melee combat. Dungeons & no Dragons'. As of now, the game is being made available for Linux, Mac & PC. (In future it will also be available for closed platforms like Xbox-One & PS4, but it's not confirmed since it will be possible only when platform holder approves the project.) The game will be released in Q4 of 2015. You can check-out #-Link-Snipped-# for detailed features of game.

With Valve's effort in bringing games to Linux with Projects like Valve SteamOS Free Download Soon For A Linux Based OS On The TV In Your Living Room & Valve 300 Steam Machine Prototype Hardware Specifications Announced, Other studios are also inclined in bringing their games to Linux, so soon there will be point when we could see big companies like Crytek, Ubisoft, Blizzard, etc. porting games to Linux. And like what Battlefield director DICE creative director, Lars Gustavvson said, "It would only take one 'killer' game for Linux platform to explode its way to mainstream gaming".

Share your opinion with us in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am not going to write what's already been mentioned in Gnome's blog. I will simply post pictures which is enough to give you hint on future CSD in Gnome...
EQUILIBRIO 2014, The annual Techno-management fest of GGV finished off in style at 7:00 PM on the 24th of January, with the Battle of Bands stealing the show. The entire...
Hi CEans, I am doing pre - final year in Mechanical Engineering. I have quite interest in pursuing INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES). But in our locality ( Trichy-Tamilnadu), there is...
DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY THE LETTERS IN 'QWERTY" KEYBOARD ARE IN THAT ORDER? ​Did you notice above QWERTY keyboard? This doesn't have number 0 and 1; as it was...
i am going to make a submarine which weighs 4-5 kg.. i am thinking of using 2 motors for the movement. what kind and specification of motor would be appropriate...