Jabong Shopping Experience - Review

Jabong.com's been getting everyone's attention since last few months. The company backed by German Rocket-Internet is teaching everyone a lesson in 'execution' in operations and 'aggressiveness' when it comes to marketing. The e-commerce store launched last year and has already taken bigger boys in terms of traffic! I decided to give Jabong.com a try and ordered a wrist watch for my wife.

The eCommerce Store:-

Jabong has done a fantastic job of building ecommerce store and that wasn't optional. But I think their checkout page could have been much better. I entered my name and other details and pressed enter key (bad habit!), the page immediately placed my order in 'Cash On Demand' mode! I usually pay online because I don't like to keep cash. But Jabong already placed order, I felt totally out of control.

Couldn't Cancel Order: -

I thought of canceling the order and placing it again, this time selecting online payment option. But guess what? I couldn't find the 'cancel order' button! When the order was placed, the site showed a message saying an executive will call and confirm the CoD order and unless I confirm it on the phone, the order won't be shipped.

Talking To The Customer Care Executive: -

The customer care executive called within 2 hours of placing the order. He sounded like a specially trained employee who asked for order confirmation, address confirmation and so on. It was a pleasing experience overall.

Shipping & Delivery Time: -

Flipkart gets some credit here. They've really changed the whole Shipping to Delivery schedules game so that other players *have* to follow/beat it to remain in competition. Jabong knows this very well, and they shipped the order on the same day.

The ordered was delivered on the next day in the afternoon - so the whole time from ordering the item online to getting it delivered at home was about 24 hours! Awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€

The delivery boy was very polite and opened the box and asked me to verify/check the product before making a payment ๐Ÿ˜€ . Well done, Jabong!

Cash On Delivery OR 'Card On Delivery' ?

Jabong's going very innovative on this front! The delivery boys even let you pay by swiping your card in their machine right at your doorstep! Holy Kaw! That'd surely fetch some more love from 'all things digital' guys like me! Big Thumbs Up, Jabong! ๐Ÿ‘

Summary:-

What I liked:
  1. Pleasing online shopping experience, a well thought website layout.
  2. Good range of products and better way of selecting them (offered color selection for watches!)
  3. Well trained staff and customer service.
  4. Innovative payment options (card on delivery)
  5. Very fast delivery.
What I disliked:
  1. Ask for a confirmation before you accept my order, please.
Competition:
Let's get this straight: Flipkart isn't going to like the new boy in town.

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    That's a very detailed review #-Link-Snipped-#.
    I like this,
    The delivery boy was very polite and opened the box and asked me to verify/check the product before making a payment ๐Ÿ˜€ .
    Totally inspired by Jabong's initiative on Card on Delivery. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The delivery boy was very polite and opened the box and asked me to verify/check the product before making a payment ๐Ÿ˜€ .
    I think no one is providing such service on CoD. It's time to give a try to Jabong.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just heard that Flipkart has been providing the 'card on delivery' ๐Ÿ˜ service for long time. I never ordered anything via the Cash On Delivery model.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Oh!
    I have used 'Cash on Deliver' from Flipkart, but never knew they provided 'Card on Delivery' too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let's Make a Collection of Best Android Mobile App. If you are Android User do share your Installed Applications and also your review about it. Here I am Starting... 1)...
Hi to all, I want to discover inclusion dependencies in sql database by using c#.net, How to i implement. Please explain what is inclusion dependencies in detailed........ Please soon.....
I'm Liz, an IEEE student. Hope to have a nice time with all of you here. I'm very impressed by this website.
Xperia go (ST27i) is a sleek and fast smartphone with the highest rating of durability, IP67. Not that we only go looking for these specs while buying a new smartphone,...
Popular Website, The Hindu seems to be down. I've been constantly getting the following error - Proxy Error The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The...