IT Companies In India Are Discriminating Between CS/IT & Non CS/IT Engineers?

It looks like IT companies in India are discriminating between CS/IT engineers and non CS/IT engineers. There is a HUGE salary gap between the salaries offered to fresh graduates.

I came to know that one of the major IT companies in India is offering about INR. 3,00,000 per annum to CS/IT engineers and only INR. 1,19,000 per annum to non CS/IT engineers. This gap is ridiculously huge, provided everyone ends up working on similar projects with similar work.

What do you think about this? To the best of my knowledge, this gap in salary did not exist few years (or months?) ago.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh! I never know this!

This is really ridiculous , there will be no difference of the work done by either of them so why the difference in salary?

When I joined as a fresher , people from CS and IT and from reputed colleges were into JAVA and .NET and the rest are into testing!

Discrimination is there in giving the technology but salary is not good.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    :-|..My current team has members from communications, electricals, computers and all are on same salary scale. I dont think the discrimination is between CS IT and non CS IT, it sure is between Btesh.BE degree holders ( engineering degree holders) and non engineering degree holders like B.Sc etc.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I too heard there are differences between B.E and non B.E degree holders.

But as far as I've heard, there's no discrimination based on stream of engineering.

That too, this much huge difference in salary is definitely too bad..
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh my God! Discrimination is everywhere; Even in IT companies. Now itself I came to know this. Very bad 😔
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    This is not a justification that if you are doing same work in a same company you should get near about same package.

It happens in many IT firms that they hire MBA folks as Business Analyst and they end up doing same task which an engineer is doing. and there is substantial gap in the salary. Companies give salry taking future in consideration. If compinies are paying 3 lakhs per Annum to a IT professional, in that case they keep this in mind that they can use that folk in a project which will involve coding and much more technical things. Also IT folks requires less training in comparision to other.

So now next big question should be how much should be the difference and is that difference is worth?

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hehe! i love it all. CIUS has been in making since 1.5 years, and after watching the vedio on cisco site, it is far better than IPAD 😛. This ones...
Guys watch this video. Its amazing! YouTube - Kavya singing Twinkle Twinkle little star in various accents [video=youtube;M2kDOML7ukA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2kDOML7ukA[/video]
hey, this is keerti.......i am in 2nd yr electronics and comm. i want to knoewthat what is better for me after b.tech m.tech or mba??????
We've lot of employed professionals here. Why not share the reasons you quit your last job? Has your new job offered you what you were looking for?
this link might prove usful to those who are going to persue computer science and engineering in their respective college!!! https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...3-TCAg&usg=AFQjCNEO59afNB659LTSC5gmTp96CEVDhQ