Is Your Engineering College Fee Justified?

I think I was fortunate to have studied engineering at the beginning of last decade. My total expense on engineering course was under Rs. 50k ( $1000). However, in the last few years, the engineering college fees have skyrocketed. Today, the engineering colleges demand anything between Rs. 60k - Rs. 120k every year ๐Ÿ˜ฒ for education.

However, the infrastructure and facilities provided by the colleges haven't been upgraded. The quality of professors, their teaching methods is still the same. I believe the engineering colleges super-duper-over-charge for engineering education.

Think about your college & tell me whether the fee that you pay is worth the education that you receive?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    For me the college fees is not at all justified. The infrastructure is not up to the mark But I cannot complain.

regarding college fees, Most of my college fees is for making up for those who cannot pay their fees. I am unable to decide if they are worth it. I do not feel anything about talented students, but those who do not do anything in engineering and simply occupy a seat on basis of quota, I do not like my fees bearing their expenses.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    my college fee is around 35k per annum only. but the college infrastructure is so bad. even our library is so small and has only limited books. and the teaching methods is not satisfactory. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    here the university has made it mandatory that the tuition fees should be 40000 for merit students and 65000 (i guess) for the students who got their seat through management quota. the rest is the bus, mess, exam fees and book fees which brings it to a 1 lakh or 1.2 lakh. this is standard irrespective of whether the college has good infrastructure or not.
  • akbeie
    akbeie
    Regarding my colg i pay nearly 50,000 per year,im not happy and satisfied with my colg infrastructure,transport ,library,teaching also....:-(
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The total expense I incurred for my entire engineering education was about Rs.2.5 Lakhs. And that includes tuition fee, hostel, mess, books, exam fees and everything..

I was lucky to have got a seat based on merit in a top government college. But many others go and pay huge capitation fee just to study engineering in an unknown college with no infrastructure whatsoever.

This trend exists because everyone wants his/her children to be engineers. Or doctors..

As long as this running behind professional courses continue, and as long as private interests are allowed to have a larger say in the decisions regarding education, this pathetic condition will only continue to worsen.

10 years from now, or 20 yrs down the line, I'm afraid India will be full of 'engineers' who will only be fit to be employed in a BPO, and nowhere else..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    My college fees is not justified at all. I paid my final year fees today. And it's a whooping 70K! Totally not worth it. ๐Ÿ˜ก
    Like SS, I was lucky to get a seat on merit-basis, because others have to pay thrice this amount. ๐Ÿ˜
    But somehow I feel relieved that it's the last time I am going to pay that big an amount for such a worthless thing.

I won't go to college 70% of the days and that's only because there are NO teachers to teach. The ones who are present are quite reluctant to teach. And those who do bother to teach, utter no-sense for 70% of the lecture time.
  • divya kumari
    divya kumari
    i pay 33,000 every year. college infrastructure is good and teaching faculty is execllent
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I want to tell you all a secret. I gave SEEE exam during my (10+2)th exam. I got pretty high. My fees COULD HAVE BEEN 3000 only. But due to ignorance instead of getting admission on merit basis I took admission from management quota and now I am paying Rs. 68,800 ONLY.

I will not get my results and lectures timely, but notification to pay fees comes home without fail. I am really angry at my ignorance.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I paid 85k including hostel,tution fees,special fees. My college has good infrastructure too. All the students got placed except some few members. They are countable in fingers. I love my college library a lot. Infact that is my favourite place in my college. I can find all books there and it is well maintained. Workshops and seminars are conducted by industrialists and professors twice.Scholarship is given for the top ten students in each semester. There are so many types of scholarships like merit,merit come means,government etc provided by my college based upon their marks. Teaching is also good ๐Ÿ˜€ The best thing about my college is,you cannot get a seat by giving donation!!I love my college and i feel that my engineering college fees is justified ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    What is the name of your college?
    It is ideal one. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: Sorry for spamming.
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    i'm paying 35,000 rs , and its because of i'm admitted on the merit basis. those who are admitted in management seat has to pay 65,000 + capitation fee around 1-2 lakhs.
    i'm not satisfied by the facilities but its adjustable. but in many other collages in the university, they are charging the same fee and have no facilities.
    the fact is the management seats are not affordable by the middle class peaple, and its truely dedicated for the upper class. and they will buy just for saying my son is an engineering student( they dont have the voice to say my son is an engineer,because most of them wont pass the exams.and as mentioned above they only qualifies to work in BPO.
    and about the library, in my knowledge in my collage less than 30% of the students use libraries.most of the first year students will be seeing the library for first time when they go for NO Due cirtificate for university exams at the end of the year.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    quality wise the standards are okay. but when it comes to facilities it is definitely not at par.. no where near to the fees they demand.. no internet facility. we have a wifi network in one of the block which seldom works. no tidy water drinking facility.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ishutopre
    I want to tell you all a secret. I gave SEEE exam during my (10+2)th exam. I got pretty high. My fees COULD HAVE BEEN 3000 only. But due to ignorance instead of getting admission on merit basis I took admission from management quota and now I am paying Rs. 68,800 ONLY.

I will not get my results and lectures timely, but notification to pay fees comes home without fail. I am really angry at my ignorance.
    I've wasted my younger years, so now i've ended up in a remote college with no placement opportunities and limited resources. The infrastructure is just fine. I pay Rs31250/- per semester and am currently in the 7th semester. By the time i'm done with college i'd have easily drained Rs 7 or 8 lakh from my dad's pocket and would be hunting for 'What to do next?' like all the other engineers who come out each year.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    in no case is this high fee justified, specially when the college has different fee structure for different students, belonging to different sections of the society.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Guys: I am student of Electrical Engineering, but during my masters i have taken the course " Sounds and Vibrations " which is more related to Mechanical Engineering. I...
Hey ppl, I am developing a facebook application and i need access token for my application. Can anyone help me with that.Their documentation sucks big time...๐Ÿ˜”
Skinput turns your hand into a touchscreen and your fingers into a keypad Skinput turns your hand into a touchscreen and your fingers into a keypad
please can u explain me the fields/inputs for cam profile that solidworks toolbox cams requires us to enter...i dont understand them...why does it make a cam with grooves..i do not...