Is two-party system beneficial for India?

Hey guys, this topic is based on politics. Let me make explain about it.

India is a democratic country. So after a regular interval of time, elections are hosted in order to elect the government. However in the current parliamentary system, Every community/region has its own political party. So they fail to gain majority in votes and thus they have to go for collaborations. This is multi party system.

2-Party system means that in countries like USA. Only 2 parties, candidature where is on basis of merit and experience. You cannot create your own political party there and contest elections. We have only two options.

Is this system applicable in India?
Will it do good to the Indian Republic?
Do we need to set up basic qualifications to candidates aspiring to contest elections?
Will it help in improving the status of India?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    From my perception-It cant be implemented in present India where caste and religion play a major role but it may happen in next generation India.
    Yes we need to set basic qualifications for candidates who contest for election.
    I dont think it can change the status of India But can develop india in a self fullfilled way.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    It cant be implemented in present India where caste and religion play a major role but it may happen in next generation India.
    Well I think that the current system will never let India transform into its next generation. The new generation politicians are still focused on implementing Divide and Rule strategy for the vote banks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, democracy in any of its forms is farce. There's nothing called democracy. Why? Because 'majority wins' isn't the right approach to solving problems all the times. All you need is a benevolent dictator! I'm totally anti-democracy because in so called 'democratic' nations, the real rulers are the biggest corporate houses and business people who fund the parties.

Even in USA, have a look at the corporations that are backing the GOP and Democrats. You'll find the same names backing both the parties.

I'd prefer the older systems of management - where every city / region is independently managed by its own people. But that's not possible in current situation.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, democracy in any of its forms is farce. There's nothing called democracy. Why? Because 'majority wins' isn't the right approach to solving problems all the times.
    Well i partially agree with this. But there is no other form of government which can ever be accepted in any republican. Thus the idea of 2-party and multi-party comes in picture.

Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm totally anti-democracy because in so called 'democratic' nations, the real rulers are the biggest corporate houses and business people who fund the parties.

And no offense, but I dont think there is even one person on this planet who is even fit to be a true benevolent dictator of any country. Handling lives of millions on one person doesnt seem justice.

Off the record, I m a "Kemal Pasha" fan. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I only stated what is 'needed'. Finding the right leader is another task. Otherwise, the nations will die their own death.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Two party system is possible only if the language barrier is completely removed in a nation Country like India it is not feasible cos of the language barriers

But If we have a two party system there is a lot of bane as we will not be having an alternative if we are not satisfied with both the system
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Two party system is possible only if the language barrier is completely removed in a nation Country like India it is not feasible cos of the language barriers

But If we have a two party system there is a lot of bane as we will not be having an alternative if we are not satisfied with both the system

You dont have an alternative even now. No party can attain an absolute majority. this is the reason we can think something past it. Of course, the language barrier point is completely legit but think of the development and transparency it will offer.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    You dont have an alternative even now. No party can attain an absolute majority. this is the reason we can think something past it. Of course, the language barrier point is completely legit but think of the development and transparency it will offer.
    Transparency can't be achieved With this set up as well

The ratio of our population to the number of people governing us is too low and this makes us have lesser role in the administration of our nation
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well if you are talking about active participation of the people and absolute transparency then the self-governing model is the best. This is active in villages and remote areas even now. This is the same thing #-Link-Snipped-# was talking about. But this is not possible. At least in 2-party system, the voters won't be confused on the name of religion/caste/section and other useless politics but rather focus on voting for the better qualified guy. Right now, we have MPs who have a longer rap sheet than their age. We have "unacceptable" people winning on the name of tribal politics and vote bank and this is more degrading. In 2-party system, they won't have a choice but rather than give ticket to the actually deserving candidate.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Deserving candidate can't be defined in the current scenario How many of us know each and every active social worker in our location.

Too much population in the urban metros has made brand name advertising much easier than to bringing out a single leader of the mass
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Deserving cannot be determined by the way you are thinking- identifying the personnel. But there are better ways and fool proof ways of determining a candidate for eligibility to contest elections in a 2-party system. Like an autonomous institute to be set up linked to election board which conducts exams and gives them a certificate of eligibility. There can be a clause like, a person aspiring to apply for a post in finance ministry is supposed to have a degree in that same field. So we won't be seeing any more LLBs "Mr Lalu" running the largest employer in the world viz The Railways.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, this thread is open for a healthy discussion between the china-made products which have a high consumer market in India. China, said to be the biggest innovator of...
I have been considering my career path recently. I want to be a leader, a champion in my field and I believe it requires more than engineering knowledge. It requires...
Microsoft Office 13, launched almost a year ago, seems to be exactly the quality of office product one can demand. With its rapid integration to cloud servers and concept of...
I think we've had a brief discussion about this a long time ago, but the question continues to bother my mind. Why do IT companies (especially those in India) don't...
This may seem stupid that I have this query. I see people around me talk about .mkv format ruling whereas .mp4 getting out run. I have seen videos in both...