Is Online Privacy A Big Deal In Today's Times?

A lot is being said about Online Privacy and its protection. People are ready to quit Facebook because it didn't treat user privacy well and made users data public.

However, this meant that users got more targeted ads - something that could useful to them. For example, if you're frequently commenting about iPhone or have joined iPhone group; the websites can conclude that you're interested in iPhone and may show you relevant advertisements.

The question is; is online privacy a big deal in today's times? Are you even aware of how your data is being used? Finally, do you really care about it?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    yes.. it is a big deal.Be it on-line or not, privacy is a big deal.
    As the users are meant to agree for the enormous terms and conditions, the ISPs or the forum owners or the site owners should abide and respect the privacy of users.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Total Broadband (>= 256 kbps download) subscriber base in India has increased from 8.75 million in March-2010 to 9 million in April-2010, there by showing a growth of 2.80%. Source:...
A open source software is one which can be used by anyone without paying anything right???there are many open source software in market like fire-fox ,mysql ,linux etc but why...
As far as i know we can store only data in any database can anyone explain me how you tube stores videos? If i want to create a website that...
i need to do 6 month internship in the 7th semester ,according to our college curriculum....i am pursuing Btech(cs).i have not yet got any internship,so i am planning to go...
..my friend posted me this saying it's easy . i found it tricky X( donnot google and tell the answer. Please note that there are multiple solutions to this puzzle....