is it safe to use a keylogger????

means is the data safe till the personal computer, and which is the best keylogger to use..?????

Replies

• whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    lovejeet
    means is d data safe till d pc, n which is d best keylogger to use..?????

why you want to use keylogger?
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @lovejeet-don't you know that sms language isn't allowed?edit your post befire you are red-carded by the mod.๐Ÿ˜‰
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    @shreyasm89- m sorry for that..........
    @whiz.kid- nothing like of great use....................... but sometimes its needed when your personal computer doesn't actually remain personal.........................
  • silverfern
    silverfern
    u can use keylogger 2 ur personal pc.., but latest anti shields consider it has a trojan file.., so its 90% impossible to use it...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Keylogger is used to capture the key strokes and mostly used to steal passwords. I didn't really understand your question.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Ok lovejeet tell us what really is your question, you want to use keylogger on your personal computer, first of all give us a logical reason why you really need a keylogger. Using keylogger is usually considered as illegal, if caught and punished according to cyber security laws, you'll be inside jail with non-bailable warrent for three years. Please make us sure why you really need a keylogger.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    if it is so, m really sorry. didn't knew that it's illegal.......................... i just wanted to track what goes on my pc in my absence............... just for that.................... no illegal purpose or motive behind it.................................
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lovejeet
    if it is so, m really sorry. didn't knew that it's illegal.......................... i just wanted to track what goes on my pc in my absence............... just for that.................... no illegal purpose or motive behind it.................................
    No issues. Now you know. It's got nothing to do with 'securing' your PC. If you suspect that your PC is being misused, you may install a keylogger. However, that'd be the last step. The first recommended step is that you should change your password and make it VERY HARD to guess.

Also be aware of the keyloggers installed in Cyber Cafes. Lot of people got their account hacked after they logged in from a cyber cafe.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    yup.................. but password is not everything regarding safety....................................... so that's why searching 4 a alternative........
  • Leo
    Leo
    So if you want to go for the best one go for Sniper Spy else try for WinSpy, both are good but Spiner Spy have good hype in market.
  • Dany8
    Dany8
    Hi guys
    What about keylogger i prefer use #-Link-Snipped-#I use it on my Mac to monitor the websites that visited by my children
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    using keyloggers is not at all illegal. keyloggers are officially sold, how do you think they do that then ?
    keylogging is not illegal, but stealing and misusing passwords is. there's a difference in those.

keyloggers can be a useful ware for parents keeping a tab on their children's activities and are mostly used for that purpose.
    there are various popular ones I have seen officially sold for windows and mac.

if you go after some petty keylogger, there's a high chance that it was not programmed well or that it has some code in it which will compromise your security as well.
    its always a risk using a keylogger and most antiviruses will detect those as a potential malware.

you may try out lightlogger. its free and quite simple to use too. many avs wont detect it as harmful but some of them may. use it at your own risk.
  • martincrow
    martincrow
    Hi Lovejeet,
    If you want to monitor your system in your absence then there is no use of Keylogger there,Keylogger is used to track the information from any system and it is a malicious program.If you want that no one should use your computer in your absence then you can set a administrative password for the whole system from the BIOS settings.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Nancycy
    So many replies are about whether it is illegal to use a keylogger while the topic is whether it is safe to use a keylogger. ๐Ÿ˜’
    I don't think there is any harm in installing keylogger in a PC

Condtions apply ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Zorro7
    Zorro7
    you can capture your password using . it's keylogger can record you keystrokes

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the use of DataInputStream and BufferedReader in java programming????????
Hello to all i rarely watch television but a day or two before i saw an add of Ponds Age Miracle. The Ad says it penetrate till 20th layer of...
This Video will show you why you must be thankful for what you have, [video=youtube;T_S9zZhWm0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_S9zZhWm0Y[/video]
This song is made of windows default sounds. Now this is the perfect example of Application Multitasking (creative way)๐Ÿ˜ I guess this is made using Flash! [video=youtube;CqoPiXqH3hI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqoPiXqH3hI[/video]
Received an forward e-mail, Three engineers and three accountants are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three accountants each buy a ticket and watch as the...