Is Instagram Killing Real Photography?

I heard about Instagram where they were a small company and then the second time I heard about them was when Facebook decided to acquire them for whooping $1billion. What instagram does is it applies special effects to the photos captured by your phone. Basically, it makes all your photos look the same.

Instagram became popular because it put the DSLR like effects in people's phones. Just one click and you're done - no need to be a professional photographer to capture stunning shots and then edit them using PhotoShop.

I wish to ask CEans - is Instagram slowly killing the real photography and the skill that required to take stunning photographs in seemingly less-stunning environments? Do we have any Instagramers here on CE?

Replies

• Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    Hipsters killed Real Photography. Instagram doesn't make one a real photographer, nor does a DSLR. Though, I also wouldn't know what does. Photography is usually redundant.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft's Outlook.com is a shiny new interface for the good 'ol email. I tried the outlook interface for some time and I must say I'm impressed. But it's not the...
As engineers, most of us love everything RC. As a kid, I was fascinated by the RC cars and fantasized owning a small RC plane. I'm sure we've a good...
Mousotron Have you ever wondered how many mouse clicks and keypresses you make every day? Did you ever pause to think about how many miles your mouse cursor moves across...
Indian e-tailer, Flipkart. The most successful online retail shop has secured its finances for the next two years. South African companies Nasper and Iconic Capital are the new investors investing...
Dead-Trigger the Zombies shootdown game by Madfinger Games announced the game as a free Android App. Game was originally available for US$0.99 & Now it's free. Download Link :: Click...