So, who's switched to Outlook.com?

Microsoft's Outlook.com is a shiny new interface for the good 'ol email. I tried the outlook interface for some time and I must say I'm impressed. But it's not the interface that's going to make me leave my Google Apps account and settle with Outlook. In fact I seldom use the web interface to access my email. I'm a big fan of desktop email clients to fetch email from the servers and then read them at my own convenience.

I wonder how many here have made a switch or looking to switch to the new Outlook.com service from Microsoft?

Replies

• ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    I have switched to outlook.com recently. It is looking great. The 'New mail' option in outlook.com is looking good. Overall i am very much happy with its look and also UI.

But i hate spam mails in my hotmail/outlook. Is there anyway i could avoid getting them? I have setup all the privacy settings and enabled spam mail deletion option. But the issue didnot solve yet. If anybody knows solution for this , please let me know.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I love Google and i guess its reliable and secure as well, so no plan to try out the newer fellow.

-CB
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I have a old account in Live, I checked the new look of Outlook.com. Its very nice and good. Its much better then old one. But I have no plan to switch to Outlook from Gmail right now. 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    OutLook.com is no doubt aesthetically beautiful and fast, but didn't have thousand of mails and 100 mails per page to test it.

And comparing with Gmail...
    • No label Nesting
    • No chat (Most of friend use Gmail Chat)
    • tasks.
    • No Labs (almost all gmail labs are awesome)
    • No picture insert
    • It's pathetic that I can't even select all unread messages at once.
    Gmail Filters, labels and making favorite star options are still best.But definitely I would like to leave yahoo.

BTW tip for Gmail Filtering/Labeling: if you are getting many mails from ebay, flipkart and other ecommerce websites just create a filter for it and add words to filter in mail like Ebay || flipkart || amazon and so on and skip the inbox and apply the label.
    I think most of CEian knows symbol || is used for OR operation in general algorithm and programming practices.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As engineers, most of us love everything RC. As a kid, I was fascinated by the RC cars and fantasized owning a small RC plane. I'm sure we've a good...
Mousotron Have you ever wondered how many mouse clicks and keypresses you make every day? Did you ever pause to think about how many miles your mouse cursor moves across...
Indian e-tailer, Flipkart. The most successful online retail shop has secured its finances for the next two years. South African companies Nasper and Iconic Capital are the new investors investing...
Dead-Trigger the Zombies shootdown game by Madfinger Games announced the game as a free Android App. Game was originally available for US$0.99 & Now it's free. Download Link :: Click...
I see growing interest in knowing Flipkart Recruitment Procedure. A lot of techies want to work for Flipkart because the company, though a startup (is it a startup anymore?), has...