iPhone 4 relaunching in India at Rs. 15,000. Should you buy it?

Apple's iPhone 4 will be relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs. 15,000. Apple's already moved on to iPhone 5S and it's expected that the iPhone 6 will be announced in the next few weeks. Do you think it makes sense to buy iPhone 4? Does the price tag justify what you get?

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Apple's iPhone 4 will be relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs. 15,000. Apple's already moved on to iPhone 5S and it's expected that the iPhone 6 will be announced in the next few weeks. Do you think it makes sense to buy iPhone 4? Does the price tag justify what you get?
    It Does,
    The best thing about Apple products is they allow the OS updates to the lower versions as well. So iPhone 4 will be getting the new OD updates for sure.

If you will see the features there is hardly any difference in iPhone 4 / 5 / 5S; except look and feel and slight modification. Not sure what they are going to present with iPhone 6.

So per me, with 15000 price tag iPhone 4 would be a steal.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It shows how much mobile companies are making from phones.
    It was launched @35K and now @15K. They ware making almost 2.5 times. and I believe they still making profit @15K also.
    Only thing is no one is going by iPhone4 in US so dump remaining pieces in poor countries.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Anoop Kumar
    It shows how much mobile companies are making from phones.
    It was launched @35K and now @15K. They ware making almost 2.5 times. and I believe they still making profit @15K also.
    Only thing is no one is going by iPhone4 in US so dump remaining pieces in poor countries.
    US always tries to dump trash in other countries
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I was thinking from the technology perspective. iPhone 4 isn't that old; and it's definitely at par with most of the phones in the 15K price range (feature-by-feature comparison may tell a different story).

👀
  • Nirmal Parwate
    Nirmal Parwate
    Yup its on par on specs with current mid range phones but it's not suited for iOS 7 otherwise it would be a steal..... iOS 7 lags(not lags but cant find a proper word for it) a little on iPhone 4 and without proper hardware there is no point running apps designed for the new OS....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Meh! Not 15; but it's going to cost Rs. 22,900.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Why not anyone buy Moto G. Which will cost around 20k for dual 3g+2g sim. 😀
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    I don’t think that there is any point buying an outdated iPhone 4 for a price tag of 22k and that too for an 8gb model(which has user available space only 5gb)....
    iOS 7.0.4 might be the last update it has got...because it's running on quite old architecture cpu i.e. Cortex a8 whereas Apple is now adopting arm v8-based cpu's....
    Also, iPhone 4 is relaunched just in India due to poor sales of iPhone 5s n 5c.....
    There are now many droids available in market in that price segment with much higher specs such as faster cpu’s, higher resolution camera n bigger screen(which is in great demand now a days)....
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    I didn't get the strategy of Apple Inc. why did they shut down iPhone 4 16gb pricing 24k and bought 8gb model in 23k ??
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Aditya Deshmukh
    I didn't get the strategy of Apple Inc. why did they shut down iPhone 4 16gb pricing 24k and bought 8gb model in 23k ??
    iPhone 4 sales were discontinued world wide which included India as well.
    But due to mediocre sales of iPhone 5s and 5c in India,they decided to relaunch iPhone 4 in India.If they would have launched iPhone 4 16gb worth 24k the sales of 5 and 5s might have gone down further....this is what i think😛
  • Sushant Kumar
    Sushant Kumar
    iPhone 4 with single core 512 mb ram with limited storage capacity , i don't think its worth buying you can get a lot more features in another company rather than going for apple at that price
  • Sunil Singh
    Sunil Singh
    I think just going with the brand name is not worth, even if iPhone is priced at 10k. I would prefer going with Nexus 4 or Grand 2 which has got much to offer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It looks like the mystery behind the construction of the Pyramids in Egypt were built continues. Peter James, who's been studying Pyramids for the past 20 years has claimed that...
I see that a lot of new members have been posting their introduction on CE; but there aren't many of us welcoming them to our family. That doesn't look good,...
BSNL or Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has tied up with Champion to launch two new low-budget smartphones in India called BSNL Champion My Phone SM3512 and SM3513. Both the phones...
Currently i am working with NSE.IT Limited (Mumbai) as Trainee associate Systems Analyst. Recently i have been assigned to research project where i have to research on "How to automate...
Amazon's bringing the Kindle Paperwhite (WiFi) with a price tag of Rs. 10,999 (inclusive of all taxes & delivery charges) to Indian stores and Amazon India's website has began accepting...