CrazyEngineers
  • Currently i am working with NSE.IT Limited (Mumbai) as Trainee associate Systems Analyst. Recently i have been assigned to research project where i have to research on "How to automate evaluation of 'Long and subjective' answers for online exams?". Till now i have came across solutions like NLP (Natural Language Processing), LSI (latent semantic indexing) techniques through which we can achieve the same. I am seeking for more help and for efficient solution i can have. your help would be appreciable 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorJan 14, 2014

That is a great question @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Even popular exams like TOEFL and GRE haven't automated the evaluation process for essay-questions
    I think a lot of projects that involve evaluating descriptive answers online are available.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Gaurav Shinde

MemberJan 14, 2014

Ankita Katdare
    That is a great question @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Even popular exams like TOEFL and GRE haven't automated the evaluation process for essay-questions
    I think a lot of projects that involve evaluating descriptive answers online are available.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Yep you are right. But the problem is those projects are having very much less information. I am very much keen to research on the same and expecting help from all #CrazyEngineers.
    Thank You 😀
    Cancel
  • Gaurav Shinde

MemberAug 6, 2014

#-Link-Snipped-# I have successfully developed system for "To automate evaluation of 'Long and subjective' answers for online exams". Thank You
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 6, 2014

That's simply great. So, what was the most efficient solution that you employed for your system? What kind of research did you do before selecting the best technology?
    Cancel
  • Gaurav Shinde

MemberAug 6, 2014

It was and still it has been great and fruitful journey for me 👍 . I have done R & D on NLP (Natural Language Processing) which comes under Artificial Intelligence. Another one was LSA (Latent Semantic Analysis) which is also AI but more of a statistic module. I chose NLP over LSA because NLP Java API is open source and one can customise it as per requirements. It took around 7 months to complete my R & D assignment. And I achieved what i wanted.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 6, 2014

Many congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# It would be great if you can showcase your project's results in CE Projects section -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

A lot many engineers/students will be inspired with your ideas.
    Cancel
  • Gaurav Shinde

MemberAug 6, 2014

Yeah sure 😀
    Cancel
  • Himanshu Vashistha

MemberMar 12, 2019

@Gaurav Shinde - Did you post the project anywhere? I would like to see how you did it back in 2014-15. Thanks in advance!

Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register