CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@mamta goel • 03 Jan, 2014 • 2 likes
R/sir i want to full information how to apply application for training in DRDo and ISRO with contact number and address of training and placement department.Thanks lots.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 03 Jan, 2014
mamta goel
R/sir i want to full information how to apply application for training in DRDo and ISRO with contact number and address of training and placement department.Thanks lots.
Hi Mamta, have a look at this page on DRDO's official website: https://drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/index.jsp?pg=job_student.jsp . It looks like you'll have to identify the appropriate laboratory to send your application to.
@mamta goel • 03 Jan, 2014 sir i have searching lots of links but have not found particular contact number of that labs of training.
@yogi.bharadwaj • 03 Jan, 2014 is it possible to apply for the training at drdo or isro one more thing i want to mantion is that shree pilani is also a research centre who provide training. But it is more useful for the electronics student. search for it if any body required and if any body know about the isro and drdo then pls confirm the information at this post. If it is possible then it would be a great place for the 6 month training and it would be more helpful for the placement also.
@[Prototype] • 04 Jan, 2014
mamta goel
sir i have searching lots of links but have not found particular contact number of that labs of training.
https://drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/index.jsp?pg=contact.jsp ...😒
@Ankita Katdare • 02 Jan, 2015 Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I think this is something that many engineering students are looking for.

I recently heard from a friend who works at DRDO as a junior scientist that it's mostly through trial and error. Meaning that anyone applying for internship should write a letter to the specific department's DRDO Lab Director and get it signed on it from your college or University HOD (Head of Department) or Dean and send it through FAX.

Students should obviously highlight their skills and mention the papers written or presented. Don't forget to add your contact details.

DRDO works for the following mentioned departments of military technology:
  • Aeronautics
  • Armaments
  • Combat
  • Vehicle
  • Electronics
  • Advanced computing
  • Simulation and life science
  • Naval System
If the lab director finds you suitable, you will most probably hear from them via email or call for the next round i.e. an interview.

All the best.
@Girish Kumar Gunjari • 23 Mar, 2016 Hi Im Girish .I'd Like to do Internship in one of the Aeronautical Companies ...Can u guide me
@soumika • 29 Apr, 2016 hello my name soumika and i am very interested to do my summer training from drdo . plz send me "what is the procedure to apply in drdo" to my emalid :soumika16@gmail.com or contact me :08750928236
@nagasarath • 30 Apr, 2016
Girish Kumar Gunjari
Hi Im Girish .I'd Like to do Internship in one of the Aeronautical Companies ...Can u guide me
soumika
hello my name soumika and i am very interested to do my summer training from drdo . plz send me "what is the procedure to apply in drdo" to my emalid :soumika16@gmail.com or contact me :08750928236
DRDO comprises different laboratories spread across the country, the detailed addresses of which are available in DRDO website.

Each laboratory has a different field of research, development and core competence like armaments, materials, electronics, heavy vehicles, missiles, life sciences etc. about which you can get an overview from the website. As these are a cluster of laboratories under the aegis of Ministry of Defence, each has different training policies based on their security restrictions. The Director of the concerned lab is the only approving authority for such type of industrial trainings. We therefore suggest that you should directly contact the Director of the concerned lab in which you desire to get your training through the Head of your College/Institute. Any further clarifications regarding the training process and policies may also be obtained from the concerned lab in which you desire to have your training from.
@Niraj64742 • 11 May, 2016 I want a traning from DRDO so please send me the whole procedure for it and also provide me a helpline no. for enquiry purpose.
@Sirisha .K • 13 May, 2016 Please tell me the procedure of DRDO internships
@Sathyasree Sureshkumar • 17 May, 2016 sir i need an intenship in ISRO for my second year B.E(ECE). How can i apply for the intenship?
@Sathyasree Sureshkumar • 17 May, 2016
Ankita Katdare
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I think this is something that many engineering students are looking for.

I recently heard from a friend who works at DRDO as a junior scientist that it's mostly through trial and error. Meaning that anyone applying for internship should write a letter to the specific department's DRDO Lab Director and get it signed on it from your college or University HOD (Head of Department) or Dean and send it through FAX.

Students should obviously highlight their skills and mention the papers written or presented. Don't forget to add your contact details.

DRDO works for the following mentioned departments of military technology:
  • Aeronautics
  • Armaments
  • Combat
  • Vehicle
  • Electronics
  • Advanced computing
  • Simulation and life science
  • Naval System
If the lab director finds you suitable, you will most probably hear from them via email or call for the next round i.e. an interview.

All the best.
@Nalluri surya • 25 Jul, 2016 Kaustubh Katdare sir, i have seen the web link given by u but i could not see any contact detail over there.. can u please guide me to intern in DRDO
@Nalluri surya • 25 Jul, 2016
Kaustubh Katdare
Hi Mamta, have a look at this page on DRDO's official website: DRDO . It looks like you'll have to identify the appropriate laboratory to send your application to.
there is nothing in the site representing the intern process can u guide us clearly
@Shakuntala Karande • 24 Aug, 2016 Sir, I am shakuntla Karande . I want to get the traning in ISRO. so, can you give a procedure for traning application in ISRO?
@Sachin Luthra • 30 Aug, 2016 hey i'm Sachin pursuing B.tech in CSE and want to do training in DRDO and ISRO,what should i do ?, any help ?

Hey,I am doing B.Tech in CSE and want to do internship in DRDO,what should i do ?,any help ?
@Kaustubh Katdare • 30 Aug, 2016
Sachin Luthra
Hey,I am doing B.Tech in CSE and want to do internship in DRDO,what should i do ?,any help ?
What's stopping you from doing internship in DRDO anyway?
@Sachin Luthra • 30 Aug, 2016
Kaustubh Katdare
What's stopping you from doing internship in DRDO anyway?
Nothing is stopping me but i don't know the procedure of getting it.
@Afrudeen • 21 Feb, 2018 Sir I am pursuing btech 3rd year I would like to do internship on drdo.how can I apply
@SRITARUN MADICHERLA • 01 Sep, 2018

SIR I would like to do internship in ISRO i belongs to civil department please give any suggestion sir .

@Tarun Goenka • 11 Nov, 2018 • 1 like

Sir/Mam I am a student of 2nd year Chemical Engineering Branch. I want to do internship in DRDO. Is there any internship for my branch.

@Yogesh Bhamare • 03 Jan, 2019 • 1 like

Hi. I am first year student of department of mechanical engineer. So I interest to get internship from DRDO And ISRO before going in second year of my graduation. How it is possible ?

@Vinay Mishra • 18 Jan, 2020 • 1 like

DRDO has two training centres in India- Pune & Missouri. Both training centres are equipped with different laboratories for different purposes and sectors like aeronautics, life science, missiles, heavy machines, etc. The students can apply to any division of their choice.

Here's the whole procedure to apply for an internship at DRDO:

1) Choose the respective laboratory/field in which you want to be trained.

2) Prepare a short cover letter along with the CV and send it to their mail id.

3) After the email sent, wait for their response. You will get a call/email if your profile gets accepted by their respective laboratory head.

4) You can send a follow-up email if you are not getting a response even after 2-3 weeks.

Suggestions regarding application: You should keep in mind that-

(i) Your cover letter is what matters most. It should cover all the points regarding why you want to intern in DRDO.

(ii) Your CV should be well formatted and error-free. Be aware of grammatical errors.

(iii) Keep proper and short content in the body and subject of the email you sent.

(iv) Connections do work. If you know someone in DRDO then check with them regarding your application.

Following is the list of contacts, you can use to send your application at DRDO:

1) Aeronautical development establishment - director@ade.drdo.in

2) Aerial delivery research and development establishment - director@adrde.drdo.in

3) Advanced numerical research and analysis group - director@anurag.drdo.in

4) Centre for Advanced semiconductor - centrehead@asemit.drdo.in

5) Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics - director@cair.drdo.in

6) Centre for fire, explosive and environment safety - director@cfees.drdo.in

7) Defence scientific information and documentation centre - director@desidoc.drdo.in

8) Defence electronics application laboratory - director@deal.drdo.in

9) Defence Institute of advanced technology - director@diat.drdo.in

10) Institute of technology management - director@itm.drdo.in

11) Laser Science and technology centre - director@lastec.drdo.in

12) Electronics and Radar development establishment - director@lrde.in

13) Defence metallurgical research laboratory - director@dmrl.drdo.in

14) Gas turbine research establishment - director@gtre.drdo.in

15) Institute of nuclear medicine and allied science - director@inmas.drdo.in

You can apply for an internship at DRDO, No matter what field you belong to.

I hope you it helps!

24.5k views

Related Posts

@Bhrigujyoti Rabh · Aug 21, 2011

please give the parts lists and circuit diagram of digital alarm clock using 8085 microprocessor
4.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 20, 2014

Panasonic Corporation has launched a new and much-talked about smartphone - "Panasonic P81" in India today. The all-new Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone, features a 1.7 GHz Octa Core processor, 1GB RAM...
6.1k views

@sai kumar · May 23, 2018

Is jobacute real or fake? Can someone give first hand, detailed opinion or review of jobacute? 
6.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 18, 2013

VLC Media Player for iOS, the app that went on a leave couple of years back, is now launched again. VLC, the multi-format video player has gone live in some...
3.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 15, 2014

Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and several other major IT companies in India like IBM, Accenture and others continue to be the biggest recruiters of engineering talent from campuses and laterally...
13.6k views