Internet Speed Of 186 Gbps Is Made Possible!

A team formed by scientists from all around the world demonstrated the 186 Gbps internet speed over standard commercial fiber optic cable. It means, we are going to get an internet connection with a data transfer rate of 186 Gbps, sooner or later.

#-Link-Snipped-#

What's your say, do you agree with scientists prediction of the implementation of this 186 Gbps network technology in couple of years possible?. especially based on your country or locality!

Replies

• Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Well Dude, there is a Speed of 100 Mbps in my College, which is faster so far i've seen here.
    Let's hope this super speed comes to India sooner and plus, the rates of Optical fibers even get reduced πŸ˜›
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    This means two things:
    1. If you use Windows, viruses will be able to download your whole hard disk in a fraction of a second, and
    2. Websites with high-bandwidth annoying advertisements will be able to throw so much junk data at you that your computer will go on strike.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I heard that in Taiwan / Korea, the internet speed is limited only because of their Hard Disk Write speed!!! πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    I heard that in Taiwan / Korea, the internet speed is limited only because of their Hard Disk Write speed!!! πŸ˜”
    Not sure. I think it's the limitation of optic fiber network that's causing the speeds to be limited. I just hope that we create faster wireless networks.
    The_Big_K
    Not sure. I think it's the limitation of optic fiber network that's causing the speeds to be limited. I just hope that we create faster wireless networks.
    It takes decades and ages to get those things in India, until we get rid of this nasty politicians... I am targeting only those who are causing this!!!
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    KenJackson
    This means two things:
    1. If you use Windows, viruses will be able to download your whole hard disk in a fraction of a second, and
    2. Websites with high-bandwidth annoying advertisements will be able to throw so much junk data at you that your computer will go on strike.
    It will be an exciting experience for sure but the first problem mentioned by you is really a big threat.
    KenJackson
    This means two things:
    Why do you strike on Windows alone? Is it THAT BAD? πŸ˜› Why can't a shell script be able to download the whole HDD of linux? It was possible with my web host too! That too because of a loophole in Wordpress! 😲
  • vinci
    vinci
    speed of 186GBps would be the fastest transmission speed.Huhhhh a blink of eye would be tooo late for downloading 100 mb then
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    I think I did not get that bottle-neck due to optical fibre part?!!? πŸ˜•
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Praveen-Kumar
    Why do you strike on Windows alone? Is it THAT BAD? πŸ˜›
    Viruses only attack Windows. (If you want argue, please post a reference.)

Actually, I should have said malware instead of viruses, since technically, I guess, it would be a trojan horse that would steal all the data on your hard disk, not a virus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA is trying to get harpooons in to space. Not for landing but for some other purpose. Guess what it is... else read this πŸ‘ NASA To Launch Harpoons For...
Ford has brought Christmas gifts for everyone. It is the ever efficient vehicles getting even more upgraded. Check out latest happenings. Ford’s New Year Gifts – C-Max Hybrids And Ever...
Google Map Maker Service has undergone a makeover. Now, together with other volunteer map makers, you can easily go into Google Map Maker and make changes to make the map...
CrazyEngineers has been poured with hundreds of queries 😲 asking where to buy Aakash Tablet after an article about it was published on VoiCE here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/akash-tablet-worlds-cheapest-tablet-60-1089/ It's announced today that...
Facebook employees are happy with their employer and have awarded the title of ' Glassdoor's Top Company To Work For In 2012' award to the company. FB took the crown...