Interactive tutorial system to teach Database

I have chosen a FYP where I have to create a interactive tutorial system to teach Database + SQL for 2ND Year students who will be doing Database and this is the Spec of the project ..

Context of Proposed Project:
Database System is one core module for all the second year students. A lot of students expect that a tutorial system working along side the courses can provide help for them to gain the SQL knowledge and database design. A on-line tutorial system should be able to work as a point of reference so that the students can get real-time help with their work. Possible advantages of developing such a on-ling working tutorial system include:
1) Additional support without any limitation of class (lectures and tutorial) time. Provide help to students during courses and out of term time.
2) Provide support for distance learning and e-learning. This can also be useful for the students missed the lectures and tutorials.
3) Provide immediate feedback to the students when they try to test their understanding and knowledge on-line.
--------------------------------------…
Activities Involved:
Research into online tutorials, and appropriate languages and tools.
Study the web based Programming Languages such as PHP or ASP or JSP and database implementation techniques such as MySQL, PostgreSQL.
Selection and development of appropriate teaching material on the database subject area.
Specification, design, implementation and evaluation of interactive tutorial system.
-------------------------------------
Deliverables:
A report describing the research findings and the tutorial specification, design and evaluation.
A prototype on-line interactive working tutorial system.
......................................…
I want to know, what is the best way to do this project and what extra things should i do on it .. If you were to do this project then how would you go about it?
Thanks 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for providing all relevant details. This thread is being moved to CS/IT engineering section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have a fairly large number of engineers on CE and here's a little survey I wish to do. I want to know how many of you (students & professionals)...
During my recent conversation with an engineering college student, I came to know that the college was so bullish on getting 100% results from the students in University exams that...
Folks, I need your recommendations. I'm planning to gift a Blackberry or similar phone to my father on his Birthday. Following are typical requirements - 1. Bigger screen & text...
Lot of CEans have their own blogs. Use this thread to tell us whenever you publish a new blog. This thread acts as free advertising place for your blogs You...
Samsung has officially released the first version of the theme designer for all Samsung waves. The theme designer will let users easily create themes and author them. Visit it here:...