CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 26, 2008

summers
    guys i want to install linux on my pc can anyone tell me how shud i begin from installation to commands whether my pc supports linux 😁
    Installing Linux is not at all difficult. By the way, what's your system configuration and which flavor of Linux are you installing?

PS: There's always a version of linux that will run on the 2000ish machines 😉
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • summers

MemberNov 26, 2008

the thing is that i dont know which version to install i heard my friend running into an hard drive crash when he installed ubuntu
    system config:
    p-4 1.8 ghz
    40 gb hard disk
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 26, 2008

summers
    the thing is that i dont know which version to install i heard my friend running into an hard drive crash when he installed ubuntu
    system config:
    p-4 1.8 ghz
    40 gb hard disk
    Ubuntu should install on P-IV, with 256 MB memory. If you have problems, you may try one of the following :-

1. Choose the live CD option at the time of booting [Boot from CD/DVD]
    2. Use Damn Small Linux: Directly boot from USB drive.
    Should you want to install the OS on your hard drive, run the graphical installer mode. You will get an option to perform system check before you being the install.

Have you performed the check?

PS: While posting your query, do provide all the information, steps taken, errors found etc. It helps others help you.
    Cancel
  • ttyX

MemberNov 29, 2008

Why don't you just visit <a href="https://distrowatch.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.</a> and see for yourself
    Cancel
  • Ashutosh_shukla

MemberNov 29, 2008

I want to know how crash may occur during linux installation. Also please tell me is it the case that linux can be installed iff the motherboard is compatible with it?I may be asking stupid questions but can anyone clear my doubts?
    Cancel
  • anuragh27crony

MemberDec 2, 2008

Hi Ashutosh..... don't think any question as silly..... Just Ask them and gain knowledge :smile:

there is nothing to do.... with Motherboard when you are installing Linux ...

Probably crashing of the system is due to not configuring the Grub loader properly while installation ... i probably think so...not pretty sure 😔

to know more about GRUB .... visit this link u will get detailed Information
    Link : <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_GRUB" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Gnu Grub</a>
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberDec 3, 2008

ah!!

i guess I can say something..

When I installed linux (susie) , grub could not retrive my VISTA booting details because of which, I could open only linux! and acess my documents form C drive!!!

and one fine day I dont know why I tried installing skype and evrything crashed!!!😔 I still dont know the reason for it!!

Again I am with Billgates!!! 😁
    Cancel
  • anuragh27crony

MemberDec 3, 2008

durga
    @Durga

Really i appreciate your patience :clap: :clap:
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 3, 2008

durga
    ah!!

i guess I can say something..

When I installed linux (susie) , grub could not retrive my VISTA booting details because of which, I could open only linux! and acess my documents form C drive!!!

and one fine day I dont know why I tried installing skype and evrything crashed!!!😔 I still dont know the reason for it!!

Go with uBuntu. 😀 Its a great piece of software.
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberDec 4, 2008

anuragh27crony
    @Durga

Really i appreciate your patience :clap: :clap:
    yeah yeah!!

thank you!!!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register